SIG SB 15 or SBX brace

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SIG SB 15 or SBX brace

Anyone here play with mounting one of these braces on a handgun?

The ATF does not consider these as stocks as long as they are not used as one. I wonder if it is viewed the same way in NY under the "Safe" act.

Was thinking about mounting one on a NY legal Masterpiece Arms MPA930DMG in 9mm.
    Last edited by Harmonic; 07-21-2016, 05:12 PM.

Never tried it, Ive seen the stock for the glocks but that makes them a SBR, Id say the sig Brace is an Item that is in the very very grey areaLOl

Comment

Will it make the handgun heavier than legally allowed?
      “The Wise are silent, the Foolish speak, and children are thus led astray.”
      Algernon Blackwood

Comment

Originally posted by Dan 0351 View Post
        Will it make the handgun heavier than legally allowed?
        From what I'm reading, the limit is a manufactured weight of 50 Oz without the magazine. Question would be whether or not after market accessories are included. Reading conflicting information online.

Comment

Good question. (vii) a manufactured weight of fifty ounces or more when the pistol is unloaded.

Seems like as long as it was manufactured under 50 oz. you can add as weight as you want - but please don't bank on my interpretation of it.
          “The Wise are silent, the Foolish speak, and children are thus led astray.”
          Algernon Blackwood

Comment

Yeah based on what I'm reading, the 50 Oz limit should be okay. Bigger question is whether or not the brace can be defined as a stock. While the ATF does not, who knows how NY would see it.

Comment

Working...
            X