Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Acquired a S&W M4513 (45ACP) tonight at auction.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Acquired a S&W M4513 (45ACP) tonight at auction.

Won this 4513TSW (pre-rail) tonight at auction. Stainless steel slide and aluminum alloy frame. S&W only made this particular version from 97-99. When they re-introduced it in 2000 it had the light rail added. I was able to check it out a few weeks ago and it's in fine condition. It will go nicely with my 4586 and 4516-1. My winning bid was $500. It comes with three S&W magazines and the carrying case. I'll be getting it tomorrow, but here a few photos courtesy of the auction company. I'm getting hooked on the S&W 3rd Gen autos.
    Attached Files

Nice piece. The cool factor is off the charts with these 3rd gen S&Ws.

Comment

Originally posted by NG9588 View Post
      I totally agree. I don't even own one, but I remember seeing them as a kid and thinking that is exactly how a handgun is supposed to look.

Comment

When Idaho State Police switched to the 4586 in 91 my father let me shoot his shortly after he received it. Didn't care for it back then. Couldn't get into Smith's auto pistols back then. I was all about SIG and Beretta. I inherited it and dad's 4516 on his death in 2016. I now appreciate the 3rd Gen pistols. But isn't that how it so often goes. You don't appreciate a thing until it's gone.

Comment

Originally posted by Checkman View Post

When Idaho State Police switched to the 4586 in 91 my father let me shoot his shortly after he received it. Didn't care for it back then. Couldn't get into Smith's auto pistols back then. I was all about SIG and Beretta. I inherited it and dad's 4516 on his death in 2016. I now appreciate the 3rd Gen pistols. But isn't that how it so often goes. You don't appreciate a thing until it's gone.
          The full size .45 was awesome I bet. I want a 4506 just because of Training Day and the Shield. I think it’s as good a reason as any other lol. Very cool that your old man used these guns as a duty weapon. Guns can have a lot of sentimentality attached to them and the ones with a story behind them are the best.

Comment

The full size .45 was awesome I bet. I want a 4506 just because of Training Day and the Shield. I think it’s as good a reason as any other lol. Very cool that your old man used these guns as a duty weapon. Guns can have a lot of sentimentality attached to them and the ones with a story behind them are the best.
            My father's 4586 . ISP gifted it to him when he retired in 94.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Checkman; 05-21-2020, 10:25 PM.

Comment

Very nice!!

Comment

The late S&W 3rd Gen. metal framed models were very good platforms in there time. Enjoy!

Comment

Sweet!
                  Giza Development: Building and Renovating Pyramids of Distinction Since 2435 BC 631-427-1691 (Beware the Sea People)

Comment

Good reference
                    Attached Files
                    Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie' until you can find a rock.

Comment

Congratulations, enjoy it

Comment

Congrats. That's a great and very very underappreciated gun.

Does it have the magazine disconnect/safety (i.e., round chambered but won't fire if no magazine)? If so consider if you want to disable that, instructions are out there.
                        Know your rights/Refuse peacefully to consent to a search /Ask if you are free to go or are being detained/Even if you are not doing anything wrong the 4th Amendment protects you against unreasonable searches/Never say anything to law enforcement even if you think it will help you/If questioned you should clearly and unequivocally request that you would like to have an attorney present and defer any questions until then/Never go to prison because you are afraid to go to jail.

Comment

You don't appreciate a thing until it's gone.
                          Reminds me of my dad's first center-fire pistol, a S&W Model 59 that he paid $200 for. He sold it for $200 to buy a 1911. I wish I had the 59.

Comment

Originally posted by class3 View Post
                            Congrats. That's a great and very very underappreciated gun.

Does it have the magazine disconnect/safety (i.e., round chambered but won't fire if no magazine)? If so consider if you want to disable that, instructions are out there.
                            Yes it does have that feature.

Comment

Yes it does have that feature.
                              Don't disconnect. The risk reward calculus favors leaving it. Most accidental shootings with a pistol are caused by someone dropping the mag and assuming the gun is unloaded. Sometimes, even experienced gun guys have a senior moment. It can happen.

Big fan of the SW's pistols. Good find.
                              Ballistic: "Grif... You are my legal eagle spirit animal...."

Comment

Working...
                              X