X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heckler & Koch P7K3

Somebody hold Dan's wallet for a day or two.P7K3.jpgP7K3a.jpg

Heckler & Koch P7K3
    In 1984 Heckler & Koch introduced a new variant of their successful P7 pistol. Unlike the P7, chambered in 9x19mm, the P7K3 can be converted to fire three different calibres: .380 ACP, .32 ACP and .22 LR. This gave rise to the pistol’s K3 or ‘Kalibers 3′ designation.

Inspired by the earlier HK4 which could be converted to fire .380 ACP, .32 ACP, .25 ACP and .22LR. The P7K3 dispensed with the P7′s complex gas-delayed blowback system replacing it with blowback action with a sealed hydraulic recoil buffer (which can suffer wear). The buffer is only used for the centrefire calibres and is not used when the pistol is converted to fire .22LR. Production of the HK4 ended in 1984 with the P7K3 taking over its multi-calibre niche.
    Unlike the P7 the P7K3′s barrel is held in place by a barrel nut. To convert the pistol to fire .32 ACP the barrel and magazine are swapped out while conversion to .22LR requires changing the barrel, recoil spring, magazine and slide. The P7K3 is approximately 20g lighter than the P7, weighing 775g, and is 10mm shorter in overall length. Heckler & Koch ended production of the P7K3 in 1995.

K3 Manual here:
    http://hkp7.com/PDF/p7k3-manual.pdf

Geez that could get me to spend my milk money.

Comment

Very cool.
      Nothing like West German engineering!
      I want one
      "Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

About 5000 bucks with the two caliber conversions kit. 2500 in the base .380 only

Notorious for bad buffers, there is a replacement part finally available.
        Know your rights/Refuse peacefully to consent to a search /Ask if you are free to go or are being detained/Even if you are not doing anything wrong the 4th Amendment protects you against unreasonable searches/Never say anything to law enforcement even if you think it will help you/If questioned you should clearly and unequivocally request that you would like to have an attorney present and defer any questions until then/Never go to prison because you are afraid to go to jail.

Comment

Drool
          Exercise the Bill of Rights. It's good for your Constitution.

Comment

Yeah....I've had a few in my hands but the price tag was just too much. It's on 'The List'.

Several local shops have promised to call me if one comes in, but I haven't seen one in a local shop in many, many years. I'd settle for any caliber (if I can afford one, I won't be able to afford a multi-caliber one).
            “The Wise are silent, the Foolish speak, and children are thus led astray.”
            Algernon Blackwood

Comment

I sold mine years ago. I had the 380, 32 and 22 parts. Neat little gun

Comment

Oh Dan 0351 if you want to find one locally for sale I know of two for sale, one is 3 caliber and the other is .380 and .22. They are pretty rare birds these day.
                Know your rights/Refuse peacefully to consent to a search /Ask if you are free to go or are being detained/Even if you are not doing anything wrong the 4th Amendment protects you against unreasonable searches/Never say anything to law enforcement even if you think it will help you/If questioned you should clearly and unequivocally request that you would like to have an attorney present and defer any questions until then/Never go to prison because you are afraid to go to jail.

Comment

All P7 series prices have skyrocketed in past 10 years! Bunch of surplus German police P7 guns came in about 5 years ago (?) and collectors snatched them up for $1K and up price ranges. And yeah its on my list too...

Comment

Originally posted by Surfer21 View Post
                    All P7 series prices have skyrocketed in past 10 years! Bunch of surplus German police P7 guns came in about 5 years ago (?) and collectors snatched them up for $1K and up price ranges. And yeah its on my list too...

It would kill you to know the surplus P7 PSPs that came in during that patch originally went for 600 and are now 1300 - 1500. Shoulda, woulda, coulda.

Comment

Originally posted by class3 View Post

It would kill you to know the surplus P7 PSPs that came in during that patch originally went for 600 and are now 1300 - 1500. Shoulda, woulda, coulda.
                      Didn't know that they were that low, now I'm kicking myself as I had the chance to get one and passed. thinking the god ones were gonna be high in price and the crappy ones lower, I shoulda known that the Germans take care of there guns very well..

Comment

Originally posted by Surfer21 View Post

Didn't know that they were that low, now I'm kicking myself as I had the chance to get one and passed...

And when the California correction system sold off their surplus HK94 rifles circa 2003-4 they were 1600 bucks. Double shoulda, woulda, coulda.

Comment

The one I let people shoot at the Freeport Blast was purchased for $600 only a few years ago - it has an import stamp on the slide, so not so collectable, but still a good deal.
                          “The Wise are silent, the Foolish speak, and children are thus led astray.”
                          Algernon Blackwood

Comment

Originally posted by class3 View Post

And when the California correction system sold off their surplus HK94 rifles circa 2003-4 they were 1600 bucks. Double shoulda, woulda, coulda.
                            That I got in on! Surprised Commifornia actually let them be sold on surplus market.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan 0351 View Post
                              The one I let people shoot at the Freeport Blast was purchased for $600 only a few years ago - it has an import stamp on the slide, so not so collectable, but still a good deal.
                              Thats a fucking awesome deal! Also passed on a privately owned by retired NJSP trooper gun (P7)...so sad

Comment

Working...
                              X