has anyone fired a Ruger LCP II 22LR?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

has anyone fired a Ruger LCP II 22LR?

looks like a fun kind of pocket pistol has anyone bought or fired one? does it beat your hand? how does it cycle? reliable? trying to decide on this or a Walter P22 or a ruger 10/22

go with the Ruger SR22. A good compromise, and you won't be disappointed. A couple of guys at the range have let me shoot theirs, and each time i say to myself, that I h ave to get one.
    Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie' until you can find a rock.

Comment

While I havn't shot an LCP II yet want to comment on the Walther P22. Havn't had any problems with mine and pretty reliable and take all the 22 ammo I have tried. BUT it's a real bitch to put back together. First time I tried to put it back together wanted so much to throw it against the wall. The spring is the problem, it's not captured and you have to use a plastic dowel (which is very easy to use to act as guide for the spring to go in place as you try to put the slide back in place.

Update: just found out a captured recoil replacement part is now available for the P22. Have to get me one of those and see how that works.
      Last edited by 2wheelbliss; 06-29-2020, 08:05 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback, I appreciate it and thanks for the heads up on the Walter, one of those things you don't find out until you buy one.

Comment

Myself and 2 coworkers have them. Only one has had issues with his, failures to fire with CCI Stinger. Strange since mine loves those. We also have one in the rental program that has been great. Very soft shooting for a pistol it's size.

Comment

Originally posted by SlowTime View Post
            Myself and 2 coworkers have them. Only one has had issues with his, failures to fire with CCI Stinger. Strange since mine loves those. We also have one in the rental program that has been great. Very soft shooting for a pistol it's size.
            good to know, from what I have been reading these pistols are running like that some work some have issues, but in general I'm reading keep them clean and under two hundred rounds per outing and they work fine. thanks for the feedback

Comment

Originally posted by Luke the drifter View Post

good to know, from what I have been reading these pistols are running like that some work some have issues, but in general I'm reading keep them clean and under two hundred rounds per outing and they work fine. thanks for the feedback
              Under 200 rounds per outing? How is that even possible? 😀

Comment

Run it until it jams up, that's how you learn about your gun. No two are alike.

Comment

Funny, I have a .380 version but admittedly didn't understand the interest in a short-barrel .22......until I saw a video of it......now I want one! LOL
                  "The Open Carry guy is my decoy."

Comment

Working...
                  X