+1 Paul....agaiiiin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

+1 Paul....agaiiiin

I finally got back to Camp Site today and pulled the trigger (bwaaa haaa haaa) on the new Ruger SR1911 9mm. Nice gun, feels like it's big brother the SR 1911 .45, which I also own. The set will have to be range tested side by side but if the 9 is anything like the .45, I'm gonna love it.
    Just want to say that my world has been kind of crazy lately and I have not been to CS in too long. Paul knew I was looking for this gun, got hold of one and put it aside for me...that's earning the +1, not just selling a gun.
    Thanks Paul, you did right by me. Much appreciated.

Range report to follow

Congrats and enjoy it!

Comment

I was ready to jump on that new model myself, but I really want it in the black rcvr & wood grip combo like it's big brother, which I also have and love as well.
      Will have to check it out in person though. Good luck with it.

Comment

Congrats!

Pics?
        “The Wise are silent, the Foolish speak, and children are thus led astray.”
        Algernon Blackwood

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]n56545[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]n56546[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]n56544[/ATTACH] w SR1911 9mm has the black grips, the big brother in .45 has the wood grips.
          Attached Files
          You do not have permission to view this gallery.
          This gallery has 3 photos.

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]n56551[/ATTACH]
            Attached Files
            This gallery has 1 photos.
            Last edited by Huntington Guy; 07-25-2016, 08:42 PM.

Comment

Very nice! Very jealous!
              Pat ------> NRA Lifetime Endowment Member #FAAFO

Comment

Both guns are built like tanks. One of the things I like about Ruger is their tendency to over engineer, it may add a little to the weight, although the 9mm is surprisingly light for a real...I mean metal gun.
                The 2 tone finish on the 9 version is a nice contrast to the .45 but both have very nice finishes.
                The slide serrations on the 9 are different too, I like the feel of them and the give a better grip on the slide.
                I plan to strip it down tonight just for fun but I don't expect anything un-1911 from it.
                looking forward to shooting them side by side.

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]n56560[/ATTACH] Bonus day. My new G Shock arrived in today's UPS pile. Glad I returned the first one, I like this one much more.
                  This gallery has 1 photos.
                  Last edited by Huntington Guy; 07-25-2016, 08:53 PM.

Comment

Did he get you using "Paul Math" again?

Comment

congrats on the new addition,,, those cloths pins though next time ask Paul for something a little nicer to prop up for the pics lol

Comment

Originally posted by gripper 2.0 View Post
                        congrats on the new addition,,, those cloths pins though next time ask Paul for something a little nicer to prop up for the pics lol
                        He told me they were "Ruger exclusives". They are limited edition "firearm photo prop" clips, I bought those instead of extra mags.

Comment

Very nice, enjoy!
                          NRA, NYSRPA, GOA, NYSFA, SCOPE, SAFE, FOP Lodge 124, AOH Div 7.

Comment

Working...
                          X