Model 1907 Savage pistol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Model 1907 Savage pistol

Came across this Savage Model 1907 today.......well not today actually. Asking price was $400, but I offered $350.00 and the sale was made. It's actually been languishing in the display case at a local gun-shop since last Christmas. I figured they would be ready to get rid of it and would be amendable to a deal and they were. I purchased a 1907 last year (along with a Smith & Wesson "Lemon Squeezer" Safety Hammerless) and according to the serial numbers both models were made in 1909. As you can tell my latest acquisition has led an easier life than the pistol I purchased last year. However they both have very clean bores and are in very good mechanical condition. Wolff makes springs for the model so I'll be ordering replacement springs; something I do as a routine when I purchase used pistols (semi-auto). It's a neat little pistol and I find it very easy to shoot. Crazy that in this current gun buying craze the little pistol should should b so ice cold. I suppose the 32 caliber worked against it. Anyway just sharing - or bragging maybe.
    Attached Files

Keep bragging, some of us have to live vicariously through others.
    Giza Development: Building and Renovating Pyramids of Distinction Since 2435 BC 631-427-1691 (Beware the Sea People)

Comment

I have one. Great little guns. One of the original double stack magazine pistols!
      Ballistic: "Grif... You are my legal eagle spirit animal...."

Comment

Used by the bad guy in "Road to Perdition."

Comment

My buddy upstate has a matched pair with very low consecutive serial numbers. Unfortunately, his Dad used a grinder to put his name on both guns.

Still, a great piece of history that's now forever personalized history!

Comment

Originally posted by PeterGunn View Post
            My buddy upstate has a matched pair with very low consecutive serial numbers. Unfortunately, his Dad used a grinder to put his name on both guns.

Still, a great piece of history that's now forever personalized history!
            Man, thats a facepalm there. Would have been slightly better putting his SS# or phone # on it if he was concerned about someone stealing them.
            Ballistic: "Grif... You are my legal eagle spirit animal...."

Comment

Amazing guns in terms of machining, lost art from another era.

You pull the bolt back and rotate the tail piece to take it apart.
              Dear Buddha, please bring me a pony and a plastic rocket.

Comment

Originally posted by cas View Post
                Amazing guns in terms of machining, lost art from another era.

You pull the bolt back and rotate the tail piece to take it apart.
                The machining is pretty impressive on the pistol. Very solid engineering.

Comment

Working...
                X