.22 conversion slides

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

.22 conversion slides

IMHO...they are a good way of getting an other pistola without buying another, plus saving your centerfire ammo. I have picked up the Advantage Arms for a Colt 1911 and the Baretta (made my Unamex) for the 92f. They run around $300 each. Advantage recommends using high velocity ammo, and I found that with the Umarex, my Baretta had been tuned with a light hammer spring, so I was getting too many FTF's. A 16 pound Wolff hammer spring cured that. More and more folks are using the .22 in competitions because of the ammo situation, and these are an option to convert yours to be used in that if you wish.
    Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie' until you can find a rock.

I just ordered a drop in .22 conversion for my AR for the same reason. I really never had an interest in one but with ammo getting harder and harder to find I figured it wouldn’t hurt tonja e it and give it a whirl.
    "The devil doesn't come dressed in a red cape and pointy horns. He comes as everything you've ever wished for.”
    Tucker Max

Infirmitate Invitat Violentiam
    Finicky Fat Guy

Comment

I’ll add that some manufacturers have provided a list of brand/type of ammo that function with that particular conversion slide. It pays to heed there recommendation if you can avoid the experimentation phase with different types of ammo and also with there recommended lubrication/cleaning advice. Break in periods on these kits is important. 22LR is dirty no two ways about it, a more thorough cleaning will probably be required of the particular gun in question. I had a Ciener 22lr conversion kit for a 92F and it was finicky for the 1st 200 rounds then settled in and worked even with rounds not recommended by Ciener. With center fire ammo availability being what it is for the foreseeable future these kits are a worthwhile investment IMHO.

Comment

I've been a big fan of .22 conversion kits before they were chic. I've got them for my Beretta 92FS, Sig P226, CZ P-07, and CZ 75 SP-01 and the CMMG kit for the AR platform. And the other great thing is they will fit in the existing holsters for the original host guns so if you want to use for competition, that is possible. Unfortunately for the obvious reasons, so many of these kits are out of stock. If you can find them, buy it...

Comment

If anybody is looking for one in a 1911. I can strongly recommend the nelson conversion. A bit pricy and can be ammo picky but super accurate in the right frame

Comment

• Vitaman
            Vitaman commented
            Editing a comment
            Advantage Arms recommends remington thunderbolt for their 1911 conversion

• LIBIGLOU
            LIBIGLOU commented
            Editing a comment
            Mine will shoot the rem golden bullets all day

Originally posted by HyFiveGuns View Post
          I've been a big fan of .22 conversion kits before they were chic. I've got them for my Beretta 92FS, Sig P226, CZ P-07, and CZ 75 SP-01 and the CMMG kit for the AR platform. And the other great thing is they will fit in the existing holsters for the original host guns so if you want to use for competition, that is possible. Unfortunately for the obvious reasons, so many of these kits are out of stock. If you can find them, buy it...
          I have the original Colt setup for my 1911s, the Wehrmacht setup for a K98 and the Ciener setup for the AR, as well as a Ciener for the Glock 23, bought from Vmtcmt a long time ago

ETA: I was going to buy a conversion unit for my Beretta 92, but while looking, found an M9-22 for $399, so I bought that instead
          Last edited by NRATC53; 01-13-2021, 08:01 PM.
          Take a young person shooting.... Take 2 or more if you can...

Comment

It's not as if .22 ammo falls off trees these days. Many of those kits run reliably only with CCI minimags.
            Know your rights/Refuse peacefully to consent to a search /Ask if you are free to go or are being detained/Even if you are not doing anything wrong the 4th Amendment protects you against unreasonable searches/Never say anything to law enforcement even if you think it will help you/If questioned you should clearly and unequivocally request that you would like to have an attorney present and defer any questions until then/Never go to prison because you are afraid to go to jail.

Comment

Working...
            X