TruGlo TFO sight fail!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TruGlo TFO sight fail!

Bought a set of these for my G19 and installed them a few weeks ago. Initially they were great, great daylight visibility and nighttime visibility. But after only two range sessions (approx 200 rounds total), the front sight failed- no longer visible in the dark. Nothing, nada, not dim, but completely not visible at all. I contacted TroGlo, and they requested that I return the sight to them for evaluation and replacement. They waived the normal $12.95 return fee. Mailed it today, let's see how long it takes them to send me a replacement.
    Anybody have a similar experience with these sights?

Did the fiber or triduim fall out?
    III%

Comment

Originally posted by Li02liberty View Post
      I've seen that happen occasionally, more than likely factory issue if either element fell out.

Comment

Originally posted by Li02liberty View Post
        No, no visible damage to the sight.

Comment

Originally posted by Surfer21 View Post
          I've seen that happen occasionally, more than likely factory issue if either element fell out.
          No, no visible damage or missing parts.

Comment

Somethings not right...please keep us posted on the reply you get from Truglo and any other info they share w/you. Obviously this would be a shit show on a HD type of gun.

Comment

Tritium doesn't just die overnight so it is either covered with dirt or it fell out. I am very curious to see what they come back with as the issue.
              Ben

Comment

I had a front sight fail on my G19 that they replaced N/C and I recently had to send them my P220 slide so they could replace my front sight on that. They charged me $40 for this service.
                The Sig sight picture of Siglight rear with TFO front is the best, imo.

Comment

UPDATE: TruGlo sent me a new front sight, no charge. They did not provide an explanation as to why the original sight failed. I installed the new one and it looks great in both daylight and dark, hopefully it will last.

Comment

It was dirty

Comment

Watch your cleaning liquids around these type sights also.

Comment

Working...
                      X