I've waited 9 long months for this day!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've waited 9 long months for this day!

I finally got my 70 series 1911 National Match back from Colt. I sent it out to be completely refinished. They strip the gun down. Clean everything. Re-blue all the parts with National Match blue, test all the parts to make sure they meet Colt spec, re-assemble and test fire. When I got it I noticed they replace my trigger also. I can't wait to get it back out to the range. I've missed the old girl.
    IMG_2008.JPG IMG_2007.JPG
    Attached Files
    “The constitution shall never be construed...to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.”
    Alexander Hamilton

Fuckin mint dude, looks great!

Comment

Beautiful! Did they re-blue it? What did they charge for this?

Comment

Looks sweet

Comment

Looks awesome! I am curios as well as to what the charge was for this. I been looking for a set of those grips for my GCNM as well.

Comment

What was the old trigger 3 circle or single slot curve cutout?

Comment

9 months is a long time to be without an important tool in Obama's new world.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbore44 View Post
                Looks awesome! I am curios as well as to what the charge was for this. I been looking for a set of those grips for my GCNM as well.
                http://www.altamontco.com/pistol-gri..._govt/classic/
                last ones, rosewood colt inlay, pretty similar

Comment

Originally posted by Malaka View Post

http://www.altamontco.com/pistol-gri..._govt/classic/
                  last ones, rosewood colt inlay, pretty similar
                  Not bad looking, but they look a bit too bright(unlike myself lol), and don't really care for that edge border. Thanks for looking out Brutha.

Comment

Originally posted by bberetta1 View Post
                    Beautiful! Did they re-blue it? What did they charge for this?
                    Yes. The gun was completely stripped to bare metal and re-blued. Because "national Match Blue" costs a little more than regular blue the total was right around $450. What I like about Colt doing it was they also go through the gun and parts and make sure everything else meets their standards.
                    “The constitution shall never be construed...to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.”
                    Alexander Hamilton

Comment

Originally posted by Malaka View Post
                      What was the old trigger 3 circle or single slot curve cutout?
                      Neither, it was a Government trigger. The frame is a Government. The barrel, bushing and slide are National Match. All that was needed to make it complete was a NM trigger and they gave me that for free! Thanks Colt.
                      Alexander Hamilton

Comment

Sweet looking piece of art. Congrats

Comment

Very nice looking gun. Enjoy.

Comment

Beautiful.
                            Pat ------> NRA Lifetime Endowment Member #FAAFO

Comment

Very, very nice.
                              NRA LIFE | SAF | GOA | UTAH / NH / FL / PA / NY CCW | APPLESEED RIFLEMAN | RSO | FREEPORT R&R | NSCA | NYSRPA

Comment

Working...
                              X