Cmp 1911

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cmp 1911

I picked up my field grade CMP 1911 today. 1945 Remington Rand, frame and slide are both RR, arsenal overhauled at Anniston army Depot in June 1978 based on the stamping on the right side. The gun looks pretty clean, and fit is tight. I haven't field stripped it yet, but the barrel appears to be relatively new; very little wear.
    Thank you Josh at Karps for an easy transfer.
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

Very nice!

I'm still waiting on a call, but haven't decided what to get yet. I'm extremely happy with my service grade special Garand and am lacking toward a service grade pistol.

What was your number? I'm 25,149
    Life Member:
    American Suppressor Association
    Gun Owners of America
    Second Amendment Foundation
    National Rifle Association

Comment

• Pat M
      Pat M commented
      Editing a comment
      I was 22,165. They're moving pretty quick, like 50-100 per business day. Right now they are offering rack and field grade, but that could change as they open more crates. Check out the CMP 1911 forum for the latest.

Outstanding! Congrats on your excellent piece of history.

Comment

Originally posted by Pat M View Post
      I picked up my field grade CMP 1911 today. 1945 Remington Rand, frame and slide are both RR, arsenal overhauled at Anniston army Depot in June 1978 based on the stamping on the right side. The gun looks pretty clean, and fit is tight. I haven't field stripped it yet, but the barrel appears to be relatively new; very little wear.
      Thank you Josh at Karps for an easy transfer.
      May I ask, what was your RGN?

Comment

very nice

Comment

Shoot it! I was surprised how well I was able to hit with those little bitty sights.
        High quality building supplies since 1948! Friendly FFL transfers of long guns, receivers, and ammunition. Feel free to call us at 516 741 4466

Comment

Originally posted by Volkosupply View Post
          Shoot it! I was surprised how well I was able to hit with those little bitty sights.
          I took it apart today and gave it a thorough cleaning and some oil. The gun is very tight for a milsurp 1911. I also loaded up 100 rounds of 230 gr. fmj. Hopefully I'll get to the range Monday.

Comment

Working...
          X