LCP or Bodyguard, and why... GO!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LCP or Bodyguard, and why... GO!

Interested in opinions of those that have or have shot both.

Thanks.

Why 380 auto?

Comment

Sig p238

accurate, low recoil, nice fit and finish, fun to shoot all day long

Comment

.380 Sucks. Get a S&W Shield and don't look back. It's a great shooter so you won't mind practicing with it at the range.

Comment

Already have full size and mid sized carry guns. Looking for a true pocket gun. Wallet sized, but easy on the wallet.

I know the .380 is not a popular round, but it's better than nothing.

Comment

.380 is fine, besides most handguns do not have stopping power and shot placement is key....p238 is the best pocket gun I have tried for shot placement due to low recoil and 1911 type trigger

Comment

Originally posted by Ancap View Post
              .380 is fine, besides most handguns do not have stopping power and shot placement is key....p238 is the best pocket gun I have tried for shot placement due to low recoil and 1911 type trigger
              Problem is, the LCP with a laser is still a couple of hundred less than the p238... and lighter...
              Last edited by FUAC; 08-20-2016, 02:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by FUAC View Post

Problem is, the LCP with a laser is still a couple of hundred less than the p238.
                yeah I get it, it is more expensive

but unlike the LCP you will want to bring it to the range with you every time you go

plus the gun s nice enough to hand down to your kids

It worth waiting a few months to save up the extra dough for one

plus they make a .22lr conversion kits, so in the long run you can save on ammo

Comment

Have LCP for 8 yrs oe so,shot Bodyguard and others.
                  For what I wanted it for it fits the bill

Comment

I've got a LC 380 and it works fine. Shoot good, hides well

Comment

I have the bodyguard and it is what it is, a small inexpensive pocket gun. Not fun to shoot but you have others for that. I bring it every time I go to a range and put at least 50-100 rounds through it. Never a jam or misfire. Sights suck but it's self defense so who needs sights. I get good groups at 7 yards with just point and shoot. Since you can't draw from a pocket around here I drill by putting on bench picking up fire 3 rounds and put down.

Comment

Glock 42?

Comment

I have both. Buy the LC9.
                          Pat ------> NRA Lifetime Endowment Member #FAAFO

Comment

Palmetto state armory, LCP $199.00

Comment

I have an LC9 and have shot both the LCP and the Bodyguard.. I didn't care much for the Bodyguard at all. Didn't feel very comfortable to grip and I really disliked the trigger. Because its slightly larger they've added some enhanced features. I can see it attracting a certain segment of buyers who find those things as must haves. On a pistol this small I don't get the need. Personally I prefer the feel of the LCP and the LC9 over the Bodyguard. The trigger is a little better but still long.. But like others have said it is what is and with size comes a trade off.. Obviously, its not meant for hours upon hours of range time bliss. With ultra concealability being the driving force, I'd choose the LC.

Comment

Working...
                              X