Poll: What is your position on handgun ownership?*

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LazyLab View Post

“The artificial problem” i talked about is legal gunowners being demonized by the left. We’re pardoning violent criminals who used guns in the commission of crimes, while crushing legal gunowners for crimes based on geography.
    I was arguing in the abstract. Yes, in the real world the double standard is strong. My question is, if we started with a clean slate, no gun law at all, would us as gun owners propose laws aimed at keeping guns out of the hands of criminals?
    A sunny day
    A shotgun and a Chevrolet
    Wouldn't you like that?

Comment

Originally posted by viper720 View Post

I was arguing in the abstract. Yes, in the real world the double standard is strong. My question is, if we started with a clean slate, no gun law at all, would us as gun owners propose laws aimed at keeping guns out of the hands of criminals?
      We have met the enemy and it is us.
      I am not armed out of fear of who's in front of me.
      I am armed out of love of those behind me.

Anyone who says money doesn't matter to them is either a FOOL or a LIAR or BOTH!

Comment

Kill the criminals. Problem solved.
        Exercise the Bill of Rights. It's good for your Constitution.

Comment

Obviously there couldn’t be an “us” as gun owners with the conversation that’s going on here.

Comment

Let's start with a clean slate, no traffic laws at all, what would us as drivers propose laws aimed at keeping cars out of the hands of drunks, reckless drivers and smugglers?

Anyone who says money doesn't matter to them is either a FOOL or a LIAR or BOTH!

Comment

Originally posted by LiDad View Post

Let's start with a clean slate, no traffic laws at all, what would us as drivers propose laws aimed at keeping cars out of the hands of drunks, reckless drivers and smugglers?
              Ban duelies “no one needs 6 tires to tow a trailer!”

Comment

Originally posted by LazyLab View Post

Ban duelies “no one needs 6 tires to tow a trailer!”
                Why do you need a vehicle that can carry 20 cu ft of cargo and tow 8,000 pounds?!
                Why do you need a vehicle that can go from zero to 60 in 5.3 seconds?!
                Why do you need a vehicle that can travel off road when you live in an urban area?!
                Last edited by LiDad; 01-02-2019, 09:26 PM.

Comment

Let's see...How effective have current laws been to keep CRIMINALS from being CRIMINALS????
                  NRA Patron Life Member
                  Caribou R&P Club Range Officer
                  NRA RSO

Comment

If we started with a clean slate, no child protection laws or CPS at all, would us parents propose laws aimed at keeping children out off the hands of people who abuse, neglect, even kill them?

Comment

Originally posted by dougfxdl View Post

Let's see...How effective have current laws been to keep CRIMINALS from being CRIMINALS????
                      Depends on who you ask.
                      Laws give law enforcement the authority to deprive criminals of their rights when they're behaving like criminals.
                      Without laws how do we punish people for committing crimes?
                      A sunny day
                      A shotgun and a Chevrolet
                      Wouldn't you like that?

Comment

Originally posted by dougfxdl View Post

The only things that prevent crime are:
                        - a sense of right and wrong

- a plausible threat of punishment

The leftists have been working hard at removing both of those.

Exercise the Bill of Rights. It's good for your Constitution.

Comment

Depends on who you ask.
                          Laws give law enforcement the authority to deprive criminals of their rights when they're behaving like criminals.
                          Without laws how do we punish people for committing crimes?
                          That's all well and good at the time they are performing the criminal act or afterwards. NOT presumptively based on subjective opinions!

Owning a firearm or wanting to purchase one of itself is NOT a reason to be suspicious of motive to the extent of a criminal investigation!

I read about a recent case where a guy with a pistol license (not in NY) was stopped for a traffic violation. Somehow it came to light he was a permit holder. Based on that the LEO ordered him out of the car, handcuffed him, and searched his vehicle. Nothing found. He sued and won. The judge agreed that just being a permit holder wasn't sufficient grounds for a search.

Comment

This threads got some legs to it, I will give ya that much. I would have assumed that most peoples position would have been a simple....."Bent-over"

Comment

Treated the same as buying a long gun, constitutional carry, pistol permit optional if carrying in other states that don't recognize the way the 2A should be interpreted.

Comment

The only "gun crime" that should exist is using a gun unlawfully, murder, armed robbery, menacing, kidnapping, etc. Making "possession" of any firearm a crime (machine guns included) violate the core of the second amendment. The "prohibited" people list used by NICS is also a farce, if someone is deemed too dangerous to posses a firearm they should not be free roaming among us. Prohibited from owning guns but making it ok for them to drive a car makes no sense.

Comment

Working...
                                X