Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

20170913_132019.png

Comment

1. Building long guns or hand guns is legally not classified as manufacturing if they are for personal use.
      2. Home builds can legally be sold, but not as a business (with the intent of making a profit).
      3. Home builds do NOT require a manufacturer, town and state, and serial number engraved, even if being sold as described above. BATFE recommends it, but does not require it.
      4. There are examples of legal Other classifications, like the Shockwave and Franklin mentioned in this thread.
      5. A fixed magazine AR pistol, as described earlier, meets no legal disqualification from being added to a Nassau or Suffolk license.
      6. An FFL, pistol licensing agency, NYSP, etc, all have NO binding authority to make a determination on the legality of these "gray area" guns. If they do not meet the qualifications in local, state, and federal law that would classify them as being illegal, they are in fact legal, regardless of appearing to fall into gray areas or being loopholes due to them being less than common. That said, when a licensing agency refuses to add a legal firearm, the only recourse left is the courts.

Each of these statements are facts, with appropriate documentation and/or legal precedent backing them up.

Comment

The pistol bureau must go. Tired of this shit.

Comment

Originally posted by Airbrush art View Post
          I wrote earlier Suffolk was a no go, why does it keep coming up??? I don't live in Suffolk so I don't care, sorry but that was never the question from the start.
          Sorry! The AR pistol topic has been a hot one in the past. There is still a lot of interest so I'm not surprised things got a little off of the original topic. Regarding your original post you are 100% correct. It is completely legal to build such a pistol. The fixed mag negates the AW classification. Unfortunately NCPD and SCPD make up the rules as they go. Without either contacting them directly or just showing up with the pistol you will never know for sure.

Comment

I had an Olympic AR pistol on my license in Suffolk. Things must have changed.
            Pat ------> NRA Endowment Member

Comment

It is doable.

Comment

Originally posted by Mega2899 View Post
                It is doable.
                I second this.

Comment

Originally posted by Harmonic View Post

I second this.
                  lol I call harmonic to the witness stand!

Comment

I owned a Ar pistol at one point they are not fun to shoot, but are cool to own, I suppose the forearm brace would make it better though

Comment

Originally posted by Rubbermittens View Post
                      I owned a Ar pistol at one point they are not fun to shoot, but are cool to own, I suppose the forearm brace would make it better though
                      Yeah I am actually thinking of swapping out my blade for a sig brace.

Comment

Working...
                      X