Ar pistol on sc pistol license?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ar pistol on sc pistol license?

hello friends, can someone please tell me the deal with ar pistols in Suffolk County on a pistol license. Can it be done? Thanks
    LOADED

I don't know about new. There was a weight limit and with the SAFE act you might have issues with the pistol grip itself since it isn't also the magwell.

Before hand if you had it registered as a pistol you might still be able to have it.
    The escape is complete. The inventor of Hawk fishing. (soon to be seen on ESPN 8 the Ocho)

Comment

Originally posted by OH UNCLE PAUL View Post
      I don't know about new. There was a weight limit and with the SAFE act you might have issues with the pistol grip itself since it isn't also the magwell.

Before hand if you had it registered as a pistol you might still be able to have it.
      Thank you

Comment

It is completely legal in NY with a "fixed magazine" configuration, it has been done in some counties upstate, the weight limit does not apply since it would not be an "assault weapon". They tyrants at SCPD PLB would most likely DENY your registration, it's your choice if you want to fight this battle.

Comment

Originally posted by M_F View Post
          They tyrants at SCPD PLB would most likely DENY your registration, it's your choice if you want to fight this battle.
          And then promptly arrest you for being in possession.

I am not armed out of fear of who's in front of me.
          I am armed out of love of those behind me.

Anyone who says money doesn't matter to them is either a FOOL or a LIAR or BOTH!

Comment

It is completely legal in NY with a "fixed magazine" configuration, it has been done in some counties upstate, the weight limit does not apply since it would not be an "assault weapon". They tyrants at SCPD PLB would most likely DENY your registration, it's your choice if you want to fight this battle.
            Sounds about right I guess. To be honest, I have not stayed up on NY laws for awhile.

AR pistols however are quite common around here. Being so close to a state line and having them regulated as pistols, allows people to cross over the VA, NC and KY without having to deal with SBR and ATF regs.
            The escape is complete. The inventor of Hawk fishing. (soon to be seen on ESPN 8 the Ocho)

Comment

It is completely legal in NY with a "fixed magazine" configuration, it has been done in some counties upstate, the weight limit does not apply since it would not be an "assault weapon".
              I could be wrong but I thought the weight limit of 50oz. was on handguns not assault weapons.

NRA Life member

Comment

I think DSI was selling fixed mag AR pistols. Can’t remember if it was Nassau or Suffolk that was good with them. I consider them a novelty. I would rather build them for cheap than pay their prices for a built one.

Comment

Originally posted by Gopedxr7 View Post
                  I think DSI was selling fixed mag AR pistols. Can’t remember if it was Nassau or Suffolk that was good with them. I consider them a novelty. I would rather build them for cheap than pay their prices for a built one.
                  With a 10.5” barrel and a brace they are far from a novelty. They can hit easily at 100 yards and have no SBR restrictions when crossing a state line.

Comment

Originally posted by Sig View Post

I could be wrong but I thought the weight limit of 50oz. was on handguns not assault weapons.
                    According to the CUOMO/RINO Act a 50 oz handgun is an assault weapon,

Seems like an AR pistol would also meet the last characteristic so it would need to have a fixed mag

https://www.governor.ny.gov/sites/go...illAWSec22.pdf

N.Y. Penal Law § 265.00(22)

(c) a semiautomatic pistol that has an ability to accept a detachable magazine and has at least one of the following characteristics:

(i) a folding or telescoping stock; (ii) a thumbhole stock; (iii) a second handgrip or a protruding grip that can be held by the non-trigger hand; (iv) capacity to accept an ammunition magazine that attaches to the pistol outside of the pistol grip; (v) a threaded barrel capable of accepting a barrel extender, flash suppressor, forward handgrip, or silencer; (vi) a shroud that is attached to, or partially or completely encircles, the barrel and that permits the shooter to hold the firearm with the non-trigger hand without being burned;
                    (vii) a manufactured weight of fifty ounces or more when the pistol is unloaded;
                    or
                    (viii) a semiautomatic version of an automatic rifle, shotgun or firearm;
                    Last edited by Aquabach; 04-03-2019, 11:36 AM.
                    "Get a Dog. Cause Cats Are For Bitches!"

Comment

Originally posted by Gopedxr7 View Post
                      I believe Nassau was not okay with it. Suffolk I think was, double check with dsi if you want. I know in ROCKLAND county their county is okay with it.

Comment

Nassau county will allow them Suffolk county will not what I heard from members in my club, the guy at bulletguy.com upstate was building them with fixed magazines and selling them, search for his phone number and call him.
                        stay alive, carry a 45

Comment

Originally posted by Airbrush art View Post
                          Nassau county will allow them Suffolk county will not what I heard from members in my club, the guy at bulletguy.com upstate was building them with fixed magazines and selling them, search for his phone number and call him.
                          Not anymore. Nassau doesn’t allow it anymore I believe due to dsi. Someone tried to register a dsi one and they contacted dsi and said it was a no go. This was from early 2018.

Comment

Originally posted by Airbrush art View Post
                            Bulletguy was not exactly our buddy.
                            https://www.longislandgunclub.com/fo...803-bullet-guy

He has since sold his operation, and left the country.
                            https://nygunforum.com/threads/sold-...uit-bye.24667/
                            Steve

Comment

I know a few guys who have them in Nassau, I guess they are grandfathered in.
                              stay alive, carry a 45

Comment

Working...
                              X