A New (to me) Carry Option: FN FNS-9 Compact

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A New (to me) Carry Option: FN FNS-9 Compact

I recently picked up a pistol that I've been eyeing for years; the FN FNS-9 Compact (thanks to Bruce at Hunter's Essentials).

In free states, this comes with a flush-fit 10-round mag, the 12 (pictured) and the 15-rounder, and a round back strap (pictured) and a flat one, all in the box.

I compared it to my chopped Glock 19 that takes G26 10-rounders and my Sig 365.

I find that the Sig 365 is an awesome 11-shot CCW, but it doesn't quite fit my medium sized hand as well as the larger Glock and now the FN.

20190609_204142.jpg
    20190609_204231.jpg
    20190609_204305.jpg

Great feel, very good trigger (pretty typical of polymer/strikers these days). It has a better (for me) grip angle than a Glock and it feels slightly thinner.

I'll get it to the range one of these days and I'll add to this thread.
    No Better Friend, No Worse Enemy

- U.S. Marines

Nice purchase!

Comment

I also just picked up another S&W 632 Pro Series in .327 Fed. Mag.

I took my motorcycle up to Lake George with a few buddies this past week and stopped in a shop a relative works at on the way up. I got this hard-to-find gem for probably less than 1/2 of what it's worth. This is my second one, so now I can carry one and safe queen the other.

20190605_181410.jpg

SIX shots of .327 Federal Magnum. Supposed to be be better than 9mm, 'close' to .357 mag. and much less recoil. I am shocked that this round hasn't taken off!

- U.S. Marines

Comment

Originally posted by Dan 0351 View Post
        I also just picked up another S&W 632 Pro Series in .327 Fed. Mag.

I took my motorcycle up to Lake George with a few buddies this past week and stopped in a shop a relative works at on the way up. I got this hard-to-find gem for probably less than 1/2 of what it's worth. This is my second one, so now I can carry one and safe queen the other.

20190605_181410.jpg

SIX shots of .327 Federal Magnum. Supposed to be be better than 9mm, 'close' to .357 mag. and much less recoil. I am shocked that this round hasn't taken off!

I’ve looked at a few .327’s in the past. Interesting round and there are some nice guns chambered in it. I just haven’t been able to convince myself to pull the trigger on one.

Comment

Nice!

hey has anyone shot the CZ P-10S yet? I am intrigued....

Comment

Originally posted by HabsFan View Post
            Nice!

hey has anyone shot the CZ P-10S yet? I am intrigued....

Nobody seems to have them in stock yet

Comment

Originally posted by Huntington Guy View Post

I’ve looked at a few .327’s in the past. Interesting round and there are some nice guns chambered in it. I just haven’t been able to convince myself to pull the trigger on one.
              Being that the S&W is pretty hard to find, you may want to look at the Ruger SP101 or LCRx in .327.
              I have a 3" SP101 in .327, let me know if you want to give her a run.

Ruger SP101's 3.jpg

- U.S. Marines

Comment

I'm a big fan of the FN lineup. A year or 2 ago, I picked up a 509. The grip is a tad big for my liking (17+1 in America; 10+1 in the Sheeples Republik of New Yorkistan). I shot a 2 day 1000 round pistol course and while the 509 was in good company, it was the only gun that didn't hiccup at least once.

The FNS 9C has been on my short list for a while now.

Comment

Dan, I was talking to a few Syracuse LE and noticed they were carrying FN’s. I thought they were the 5.7, but they said no the 9.
                  And I’ll add they totally changed my thoughts on getting one as they hated them and said their failure rate was high and they were pushing to go back to the Glock. They got rid of the Glock 40cal and the dept went to FN.
                  ‘I had always heard good things but these guys really didn’t like them.

Comment

Working...
                  X