Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A Colt Commander and a Colt Detective Special. Partners.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Colt Commander and a Colt Detective Special. Partners.

Somehow the idea of showing dad's Colt Commander next to a sixties era Colt Detective Special (wearing the style of Grips that Skeeter Skelton preferred for the DS) seemed appropriate. Dad purchased the Commander in 1976 from another Trooper and he had the hard chrome finish applied in 78/79. It was one of the first handguns I learned to shoot when I was a kid. To be practical the DS would probably have to be a Cobra or Agent to serve a a backup to the Commander, but I thinks it's an interesting "Old School" set up.
    Attached Files

Another nice pair from ID!

Comment

Dude, you have an AMAZING collection
      "Get a Dog. Cause Cats Are For Bitches!"

Comment

Very nice!

Comment

Originally posted by Aquabach View Post
          Dude, you have an AMAZING collection
          Thanks. The way it works in my house is that when I work department sanctioned overtime events (the rodeo, county fair, dances on city property, local college football games) that money goes into my gun account. The paychecks and other OT money (working holidays, call-outs etc.) go to the household budget. I'm real careful when it comes to shopping and over the years I've learned to control my impulse buying. Sometimes it's one gun and sometimes it's two guns a year. It just depends. Last few years I've had real good luck with estate auctions. Also when my father passed three years ago his collection came to me. I've sold a few pieces and the kids took a couple, but it was a big addition to my own collection. Like that Combat Commander.

Comment

Nice pair. Seems we have similar tastes!

Comment

I used to sneer at Colts...….until I finally bought one. It's a pre-war (WWII) Officer's Model Target with the 6" heavy tapered barrel. I realized I better get busy before they're all gone.

Comment

Nice pair of ponies!

You take great pictures.

Comment

Originally posted by Range Time View Post
                  Nice pair of ponies!

You take great pictures.
                  That's funny, but thanks. I'm using my iPhone. Really have no idea what I'm doing. Just winging it.

Comment

Originally posted by Checkman View Post

That's funny, but thanks. I'm using my iPhone. Really have no idea what I'm doing. Just winging it.
                    iPhones take magazine quality photos. Nice firearms.

Comment

Working...
                    X