Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best LGS for holsters?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Best LGS for holsters?

    I probably asked this before some time ago but don't recall the answers.....

    What are the suggestions for a good LGS to get a holster?

    (By "good" I mean having a large in-stock variety of holsters and people who know what they are selling.)

    Thanks.
    I am not armed out of fear of who's in front of me.
    I am armed out of love of those behind me.

    Anyone who says money doesn't matter to them is either a FOOL or a LIAR or BOTH!

    #2
    I have never been in a local gun shop that had what I consider top quality holsters. All my holsters have been purchased online. Places like Tier 1 concealed, G-code, Raven, T-rex arms, Safariland and Armordillo concealment have been my go-to's.

    Comment


      #3
      I'd prefer not to go online because description and actual fit don't always mesh.

      I'd rather bring what I have there and try before I buy than deal with sending it back through the mail.
      I am not armed out of fear of who's in front of me.
      I am armed out of love of those behind me.

      Anyone who says money doesn't matter to them is either a FOOL or a LIAR or BOTH!

      Comment


        #4
        Campsite has a pretty decent selection. I would give them a call to see if they have some for the firearm you’re looking to holster.
        NRA Lifetime Member / NRA RSO & Certified Pistol Instructor
        NYSRPA Member / Freeport R&R Member
        Armed Citizens Legal Defense Network Member

        Comment


          #5
          kinda new store in franklin square , they had a bunch of holsters on the wall , call in and see if they stock what you have interest in ... 516 345 6000 Jerry
          https://www.spguns.com/
          High quality building supplies since 1948! Friendly FFL transfers of long guns, receivers, and ammunition. Feel free to call us at 516 741 4466

          Comment


            #6
            I also really like versacarry.com. Picked up a nice leather holster for my 365 from them.
            NRA Lifetime Member / NRA RSO & Certified Pistol Instructor
            NYSRPA Member / Freeport R&R Member
            Armed Citizens Legal Defense Network Member

            Comment


              #7
              South Shore Sportsman in Merrick has a fairly sizable amount of holsters in stock.
              Steve

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by Synner View Post
                I also really like versacarry.com. Picked up a nice leather holster for my 365 from them.
                Those look great!

                But I'd really prefer one with a thumb release.
                I am not armed out of fear of who's in front of me.
                I am armed out of love of those behind me.

                Anyone who says money doesn't matter to them is either a FOOL or a LIAR or BOTH!

                Comment


                  #9
                  Coliseum Guns has a wall of them as well.
                  High quality building supplies since 1948! Friendly FFL transfers of long guns, receivers, and ammunition. Feel free to call us at 516 741 4466

                  Comment


                    #10
                    What guns, what kind of holster(s).

                    Everyone's taste in holsters is different, but if you let us know what you have and are looking for/to do with it, there are plenty of people here that have a ton of experience carrying with a wide variety of holsters. I'm talking guys that carry all the time, every day; not just to/from the range and range use.

                    For a thumb release holster, you will not beat a Safariland ALS holster. The micro-paddle SUCKS, the full size paddle is one of the best paddles you can get for comfortable carry. The belt loops for them work well too.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by Mrprovy View Post
                      What guns, what kind of holster(s).

                      Everyone's taste in holsters is different, but if you let us know what you have and are looking for/to do with it, there are plenty of people here that have a ton of experience carrying with a wide variety of holsters. I'm talking guys that carry all the time, every day; not just to/from the range and range use.

                      For a thumb release holster, you will not beat a Safariland ALS holster. The micro-paddle SUCKS, the full size paddle is one of the best paddles you can get for comfortable carry. The belt loops for them work well too.
                      I'll just say a medium frame SA and a J frame revolver.
                      I am not armed out of fear of who's in front of me.
                      I am armed out of love of those behind me.

                      Anyone who says money doesn't matter to them is either a FOOL or a LIAR or BOTH!

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by LiDad View Post

                        I'll just say a medium frame SA and a J frame revolver.
                        Primary use is important. Are you talking 1911 or Hi-Power SA?

                        You'll find a plethora of J frame revolver holsters, but I don't think you'll find many auto locking thumb release holsters; definitely leather thumb breaks though. Blackhawk makes a SERPA for the J frame too.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Campsite has a good selection, and not price gouged. Hell, they had a holster for a Walther PPS when I bought it. Lol.

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X