Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Odd request but does anyone have any experience with the EP9?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Odd request but does anyone have any experience with the EP9?

My main go to in the house, is an 11.5" AR pistol.

Thankfully I have never had to use it. Reasons being, for one is, I really don't wanna have problems, the second is I don't wanna go deaf. Some testing has shown me that even with the OSS suppressor, It's a less than optimal choice.

My goal has been to find a PCC in a pistol form that I can suppress.

Now this leads me to where I am now. I have a suppressor on order, ( probably take a year) and have been on the notification list for months on this. Unfortunately I don't check my emails enough and have missed it three times now. I'm starting to take this as a sign. It seems to fit the bill, but reviews are somewhat sketchy, and lets be honest, not always reliable.

EP9 | Extar USA

The escape is complete. The inventor of Hawk fishing. (soon to be seen on ESPN 8 the Ocho)

Ya keep rubbing it in....
    Exercise the Bill of Rights. It's good for your Constitution.

Comment

I would wait for the Aero Precision complete EPC-9 pistol, or get an MPX
      Life Member: ASA, GOA, NRA

Comment

Originally posted by Mrprovy View Post
        I would wait for the Aero Precision complete EPC-9 pistol, or get an MPX
        I’m not saying you’re wrong. I’m just worried about availability once laws are passed.
        The escape is complete. The inventor of Hawk fishing. (soon to be seen on ESPN 8 the Ocho)

Comment

I haven't found the correct solution to this problem.
          Giza Development: Building and Renovating Pyramids of Distinction Since 2435 BC 631-427-1691 (Beware the Sea People)

Comment

Glock 19 with a "fun stick"???

Comment

Originally posted by SemiAutoFetish View Post
              Glock 19 with a "fun stick"???
              You do not have permission to view this gallery.
              This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

No knowledge of the EP9, but here's my take:
                If you want a firearm for a suppressor host, you should start with a cartridge that is more easily suppressed.
                For me the choices were 300 blackout or 45 acp.
                Both are available in subsonic loading.
                Both are available in AR pistol platform.
                If you're committed to 9mm, there are plenty of choices, but you'll still get the sonic crack with most good defensive loads.

Comment

I've shot the G45 pictured above with subsonic 9mm... No sonic crack, super quite (not sub .22 quite, but definitely hearing safe with no crack)

Comment

• Helmup
                    Helmup commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I wouldn't call a subsonic 9mm a good defensive load.
                    Not that it couldn't do the job, just wouldn't be first choice.

• Mrprovy
                    Mrprovy commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I went with Remington HTP 147gr JHP ammo

Originally posted by Helmup View Post
                  No knowledge of the EP9, but here's my take:
                  If you want a firearm for a suppressor host, you should start with a cartridge that is more easily suppressed.
                  For me the choices were 300 blackout or 45 acp.
                  Both are available in subsonic loading.
                  Both are available in AR pistol platform.
                  If you're committed to 9mm, there are plenty of choices, but you'll still get the sonic crack with most good defensive loads.
                  I have and have used specific firearm/suppressors systems extensively, but my knowledge on the topic is general and definitely limited.

While I question how much one's hearing would be effected in a home defense shooting, I think I read that a subsonic 9 may be slightly quieter than a subsonic .300, all other things being equal.

Usually the bigger/longer suppressors work better, and while I don't personally choose longarms for home defense, the size would be a serious consideration for HD, more so than a few decibels.
                  "The Open Carry guy is my decoy."

Comment

Working...
                  X