Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

She may not be new and she may not be pretty...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

She may not be new and she may not be pretty...

but she's all mine. My first revolver. Just picked up this previously loved S&W Model 36. I'm a sucker for the classics. Not sure how I feel about the grips, I'm going to get a pair of original wood and see what I like better. Hoping to make range night 10/4
    .IMG_1024.jpg
    Attached Files

Nice find. The classics are always cool. Congrats.

Comment

Congrats and good luck with it. Just recently got my first wheel gun myself, (also an old Smith) and finally shot it last night. Can't say I'm hooked, but I liked it much more than I thought I would. I hope you have a similar experience.
      Steve

Comment

A fellow had one of these last night at Freeport and he was r4inging the 16" steel at 25 yards.

Comment

What range night 10/4? Where is the meet up?
          By the way, nice Smith. You're going to find that revolvers get addicting fast. Wait until you get a big bore magnum, lol.

Comment

The LIGC monthly meetup we've been having since 2016, at Mitchel Field, first Wednesday of the month.
            NRA LIFE | SAF | NYSRPA | EFF | UTAH / NH / FL / PA / NY CCW | APPLESEED RIFLEMAN | RSO | FREEPORT R&R

Comment

Nice gun OP, congrats.
              NRA LIFE | SAF | NYSRPA | EFF | UTAH / NH / FL / PA / NY CCW | APPLESEED RIFLEMAN | RSO | FREEPORT R&R

Comment

You must be careful with revolvers, and especially snubbies! I'm not sure how, but they have this unexplainable ability to multiply, and fast!

BTW Congrats, a 36 is a great piece.
                20170912_135814.jpg

Comment

I thought this was going to be another thread about Hillary from the title.

Comment

Originally posted by blue70chevelle View Post
                    You must be careful with revolvers, and especially snubbies! I'm not sure how, but they have this unexplainable ability to multiply, and fast!

20170912_135814.jpg
                    If my wife EVER complains that I have too many guns, I'm going to show her this picture. Thanks blue70chevelle !!!

Comment

Nice score. There something about a round butt smith!
                      And yes you must be very careful because wheel guns do tend to multiply..

Comment

Originally posted by blue70chevelle View Post

20170912_135814.jpg
                        Holy crap. Those things are like tribbles from Star Trek.

Comment

Just googling around .... those grips look like they might be a Jay Scott.... not particularly expensive ..but prolly of the same vintage as that gun ... do they have any markings inside? http://www.tombstonegrips.com/mm5/me..._Code=Specials

Comment

🎼 If you wanna be happy for the rest of your life'
                            Never make a pretty woman your wife 🎼

I snubbie with a few dings will keep you happy but you won't mind if she gets a little dirty from time to time.
                            You also don't worry as much when a friend borrows her...just sayin

Comment

Originally posted by Huntington Guy View Post
                              🎼 If you wanna be happy for the rest of your life'
                              Never make a pretty woman your wife 🎼

I snubbie with a few dings will keep you happy but you won't mind if she gets a little dirty from time to time.
                              You also don't worry as much when a friend borrows her...just sayin
                              I was once talking to a gun store down south who was retro fitting a pistol for this guy who was meticulous about it He said, he's the kind of guy who likes his guns clean and his women dirty."

Comment

Working...
                              X