Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Impulse buy

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Impulse buy

    I stopped in at Benson's in coram yesterday while visiting my parents. No reason, just to browse. And then i see a 6 inch s&w 686-4, pre lock with box and a Leopold scope for $400! I have a quick look over and put a deposit. I'm pretty sure this is someone whose relative died and they put their guns on consignment. Aside from a few scuffs, its tight. They definitely didn't know what to ask for it. I don't know anything about Leopold, or scopes in general, but I'm pretty sure the scope alone would be a few hundred.
    so this is my 6th revolver. I have 2 other smiths a 629-6 44 mag and a 4 inch 500 mag, both post lock, so this is my first pre lock Smith. I usually shoot hand loaded 138gr (not 148gr) coated wadcutters in my 357/38's and from what I've seen in my friends 686-1, I'm sure it'll be a tack driver.

    #2
    Originally posted by Snakebill View Post
    I stopped in at Benson's in coram yesterday while visiting my parents. No reason, just to browse. And then i see a 6 inch s&w 686-4, pre lock with box and a Leopold scope for $400! I have a quick look over and put a deposit. I'm pretty sure this is someone whose relative died and they put their guns on consignment. Aside from a few scuffs, its tight. They definitely didn't know what to ask for it. I don't know anything about Leopold, or scopes in general, but I'm pretty sure the scope alone would be a few hundred.
    so this is my 6th revolver. I have 2 other smiths a 629-6 44 mag and a 4 inch 500 mag, both post lock, so this is my first pre lock Smith. I usually shoot hand loaded 138gr (not 148gr) coated wadcutters in my 357/38's and from what I've seen in my friends 686-1, I'm sure it'll be a tack driver.
    Hey buddy my 686 is a no dash! Get your story straight! All kidding aside you pretty much stole that revolver!

    Comment


      #3
      Sooorry... Didn't mean to lump you in with us lowly dash owning pieces of shit. My fault.

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by Snakebill View Post
        Sooorry... Didn't mean to lump you in with us lowly dash owning pieces of shit. My fault.
        Damn fucking skippy!!

        Comment


          #5
          I will give you 405 and you can keep the scope!!!!!!!

          Comment


            #6
            What's the book value on the gun alone?

            Comment


              #7
              Excuse my ignorance, what's "pre-lock" mean?
              "The devil doesn't come dressed in a red cape and pointy horns. He comes as everything you've ever wished for.”
              Tucker Max

              Infirmitate Invitat Violentiam
              Finicky Fat Guy

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by Finicky Fat Guy View Post
                Excuse my ignorance, what's "pre-lock" mean?
                The hilary hole they started putting on S&W revolvers years ago allows gun action to be locked with key

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by Finicky Fat Guy View Post
                  Excuse my ignorance, what's "pre-lock" mean?
                  No Better Friend, No Worse Enemy

                  - U.S. Marines

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by Dan 0351 View Post

                    hey look a key thingy that makes it not go bang bang,,,,has anyone on this forum ever used the hillary hole?,,Great deal on wheel gun, what kind of scope mount is on it,I have a 686 that came w2x leup dam thing always wiggled loose got tired of it took scope off ,,after a futile search for rear sight it sits in the safe scopeless sans rear sight someday I will get it back together

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by gripper 2.0 View Post

                      hey look a key thingy that makes it not go bang bang,,,,has anyone on this forum ever used the hillary hole?,,Great deal on wheel gun, what kind of scope mount is on it,I have a 686 that came w2x leup dam thing always wiggled loose got tired of it took scope off ,,after a futile search for rear sight it sits in the safe scopeless sans rear sight someday I will get it back together
                      truthfully, i didn't even see the scope. The tag said it came with one and the guy at the counter told me it was a Leopold. I have no intention of using it on the smith, but when i pick it up, i can let you know what it has. I was grabbing that gun at that price either way. The scope was just a bonus. I don't know if its something that would work on a10/22 or something.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by Snakebill View Post
                        I don't know if its something that would work on a10/22 or something.
                        Most pistol scopes are built for pretty long eye relief. It usually rules it out for use on rifles. Though in some cases it *can* work (scout rifle with mount far forward for example).

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Forgot to include a pic of my 686 with a dash after a bit of a workout.

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X