S&W 686

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mrprovy View Post
    Very nice; you will certainly be happy with that purchase!
    Thank you, he also is including a set of the rubber Pachmayr grips with it. Not that I will be using them.

Comment

Originally posted by V-Twin View Post
      I found one on Gunbroker I purchased and going to have it shipped to Jerry. The Serial # AAJ0XXX I read there is a Smith & Wesson book that can help date the guns. Does anyone have the book or know about these that could help me out dating it? I was told it was not fired much, the pictures were not the greatest but it does look good from what I can see,

Keep those grips. Classically beautiful and they make the gun. I have 2 of them and won’t let replacement or rubber grips near em.

Comment

Forged hammer and trigger. It's true the newer MIM part guns are easier to do action work on, but no matter how smooth or light you make them, they still feel cheap and never as good as the older guns.

Comment

Originally posted by Mrprovy View Post
          I do have one, but am definitely not selling it! Mine is of the newer variety (separate hammer & firing pin, I think circa ~1990), but still shoots great. Whether you find an older or newer, you will enjoy it; they are (used) floating around LGS's.
          I filled out a form that asked a few questions on the S&W website and received an email the gun was manufactured in 1982. Can the older guns handle 38 special P+ loads as well?

Comment

The 686 is a 357 mag gun, so it will definitely handle 38 +P's

Comment

manufactured in 1982. Can the older guns handle 38 special P+ loads as well?
              And it's not an "older gun".

Comment

I love this pistol. In the top 3 of my collection.

Comment

I found one on Gunbroker I purchased and going to have it shipped to Jerry. The Serial # AAJ0XXX I read there is a Smith & Wesson book that can help date the guns. Does anyone have the book or know about these that could help me out dating it? I was told it was not fired much, the pictures were not the greatest but it does look good from what I can see,

I have the book PM me with Serial number.

Comment

Originally posted by Ceesman762 View Post
                    I love this pistol. In the top 3 of my collection.
                    Yes it is a great looking gun. I really like the Colt Snake revolvers but the prices for one are crazy, plus I want to use it and cant see paying anywhere near those prices to do just that so this was the next best choice for me. I think I got a great deal on this one considering other ones I seen were very used and worn going for much more.

Comment

Try the smith and Wesson forum. Those guys know everything about cylinder guns.

Comment

Originally posted by Karpteach View Post
                        Try the smith and Wesson forum. Those guys know everything about cylinder guns.
                        That goat guy is pretty knowledgeable too.

Comment

That goat guy is pretty knowledgeable too.
                          The goat boy is a Colt lover.

Comment

Nice pickup. 686 is a great piece. I have two of the newer ones and no complaints. Do agree though that the older ones were better. I love my 3" 686.

IMG_1533.JPG

Comment

Working...
                            X