No announcement yet.

S&W 686

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Check with Smith & the serial number. There was a recall on the first couple of years of those. Is there an 'M' stamped on the frame by the cylinder crane when open? That indicates the recall was done. Smith will know if it needs it if it wasn't done.
    NRA Patron Life Member
    Caribou R&P Club Range Officer
    NRA RSO

Comment

Originally posted by dougfxdl View Post
      Check with Smith & the serial number. There was a recall on the first couple of years of those. Is there an 'M' stamped on the frame by the cylinder crane when open? That indicates the recall was done. Smith will know if it needs it if it wasn't done.
      Thanks for looking out. I know about the recall and the M stamp. I knew before I bought it , it was never been done, no stamp above teh model number stamp. I had read you can fire 38 without the mod but do not shoot 357 with out it. The pressure makes it bind up somehow.

EDIT: I just called S&W technical and was emailed a return label. I asked the tech what exactly gets done and told me the firing pin bushing will be swapped out and that's it. I told him I didn't want any made in Mexico parts or a black hammer he laughed and said don't worry. lol
      Last edited by V-Twin; 02-27-2018, 03:48 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X