Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My latest acquisition - S&W 617 4"

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    My latest acquisition - S&W 617 4"

    I just had to replace the grips to make it purdier. For anyone who is interested in one, they are on sale now for $630 with free shipping at KY Gun Co.
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

    #2
    That's a good lookin revolver, grips are outstanding. Enjoy, happy and safe shooting !

    Comment


      #3
      Beautiful.
      Where did you get the wood grips from? Cost?

      Comment


        #4
        A thing of beauty! Congrats
        Pat ------> NRA Lifetime Endowment Member #FAAFO

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by thatguy View Post
          Beautiful.
          Where did you get the wood grips from? Cost?
          The grips are made by Altamont and the price with shipping was $68.

          http://www.altamontco.com/experiment...th_and_wesson/

          Comment


            #6
            Congrats. I have one too. Great gun..

            Comment


              #7
              Nice choice. Well done.
              Have a nice day.

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by cpl_eyeball View Post
                I just had to replace the grips to make it purdier. For anyone who is interested in one, they are on sale now for $630 with free shipping at KY Gun Co.
                Congratulations, use it well, and enjoy the heck out of it!

                I have a 686, with a 4" barrel. I love it, and it is one of my favorites.

                NRA Benefactor Life
                NRA Instructor & RSO
                NYSRPA, SAF, GOA

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by cpl_eyeball View Post
                  The grips are made by Altamont and the price with shipping was $68.

                  http://www.altamontco.com/experiment...th_and_wesson/
                  Thank You for the info. I'll check out their options.

                  Any reason why you went with the 4 inch as opposed to the 6?
                  (I bought it in 4 as well)

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Congrats! beautiful S&W wheel gun

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by thatguy View Post

                      Thank You for the info. I'll check out their options.

                      Any reason why you went with the 4 inch as opposed to the 6?
                      (I bought it in 4 as well)
                      I have researched it and most complained that the 6" is too heavy and unbalanced.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        That is a good looking wheel gun!

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Nice revolver, have several of these, nothing is better than a S&W revolver. Get out and shoot it, buy some speed beez speed loaders for even more fun.
                          stay alive, carry a 45

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X