Colt 357 revolver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Colt 357 revolver

Just picked up this Colt 357 (production run: 1953 - 1961) up today. Got it at an estate auction. It's serial number is 20** which places it in the first year (more or less) of the 357's production run. Looks to be in pretty good condition. I'm pleased. I was expecting alot of competition for it, but there wasn't all that much interest. I've been wanting a Colt 357 in my safe for several years. In particular I've been wanting one with the 6" barrel. For some reason that heavy tapered barrel appeals to my sense of atheistic. Just wish the original target grips had come with it. Oh well. Can't get everything but this one is pretty close.
    Attached Files

Very nice

Comment

Several years ago when I got into revolvers I didn't care for the look of the older Colt revolvers. I thought it looked clunky with the ejector rod hanging out like that. And then, somewhere along the line, I decided that I actually really liked the look of the older Colt DA revolver. I now own seven of them and I'm looking for more everyday. I still like Smith & Wesson wheelguns as well, but right now Colt is my new passion.

Comment

Another awesome revolver, Checkman. Keep 'em coming!

No Better Friend, No Worse Enemy

- U.S. Marines

Comment

Target model with adjustable sights. Pm me the SN and I’ll find the year

Comment

Originally posted by Rrudo74901 View Post
            Target model with adjustable sights. Pm me the SN and I’ll find the year
            I tried, but kept getting a message that says you've exceeded your amount of PM's. It's okay I looked it up. It was made in 53 according to the Colt Clearing House website. Thanks though.
            Last edited by Checkman; 08-08-2019, 11:26 PM.

Comment

Love it, nice revolver

Comment

Holy sweet gun Batman!

Comment

Nice find !!!

Comment

Nice.

Comment

Nice! Enjoy!

Comment

Looks like a cross between a Police Positive and a Trooper.

Comment

Damn that would look sweet next to my python. Beautiful

Comment

Beautiful!

Comment

That's a beauty. You can find the original type grips, but they are pricey
                              Take a young person shooting.... Take 2 or more if you can...

Comment

Working...
                              X