Cowboy Up!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cowboy Up!

IMG_0521.JPG I picked up a Ruger Wrangler 22lr a while ago, and despite the fact that it's slow to load, slow to empty, and slow to shoot, it is quite addictive and fun to shoot.
    I decided to up the ante to a centerfire cartridge and decided on the 327 Federal Magnum.
    The beauty of a revolver in 327 Federal, is that it can fire 5(five) different cartridges.
    327 Federal Magnum
    32 H&R Magnum
    32 long
    32 short
    32 acp

Enter the Ruger Single Seven Bisley SAA revolver.
    Just picked it up today so no range report yet.
    Here it is: IMG_0519.JPGIMG_0518.JPG

How do you like the .22?

I've been thinking of getting one for the sole purpose of this.

Note, my use of this type of extermination will be conducted outside of NYS.

The previous statement of location was just to say, FUNY.

Last edited by OH UNCLE PAUL; 08-27-2019, 06:19 PM.
    The escape is half complete. The inventor of Hawk fishing. (soon to be seen on ESPN 8 the Ocho)

Comment

Originally posted by OH UNCLE PAUL View Post
      How do you like the .22?

I've been thinking of getting one for the sole purpose of this.

Note, my use of this type of extermination will be conducted outside of NYS.

I like the Ruger Wrangler a lot.
      The single action only trigger is crisp, the sights are good.
      The grip is comfortable,and there is practically no recoil (yes it's a 22)
      The only negative I can say is that after shooting a bunch, the cylinders get dirty, and the cartridges get harder to load and eject. Not a deal breaker.
      As a plus, the Ruger is about a third of the price of the Smith 617.

Comment

Did you pick up the Wrangled locally?
        I've been itching to get one to go with my Single six and JP Sauer 22 SAs.

Comment

Originally posted by cityrepo61 View Post
          Did you pick up the Wrangled locally?
          I've been itching to get one to go with my Single six and JP Sauer 22 SAs.
          I bought mine in New Hampshire.
          They seem to be available up here.

Comment

I hear these are great Black Widow spider killers........

Comment

Originally posted by Helmup View Post
              IMG_0521.JPG I picked up a Ruger Wrangler 22lr a while ago, and despite the fact that it's slow to load, slow to empty, and slow to shoot, it is quite addictive and fun to shoot.
              I decided to up the ante to a centerfire cartridge and decided on the 327 Federal Magnum.
              The beauty of a revolver in 327 Federal, is that it can fire 5(five) different cartridges.
              327 Federal Magnum
              32 H&R Magnum
              32 long
              32 short
              32 acp

Enter the Ruger Single Seven Bisley SAA revolver.
              Just picked it up today so no range report yet.
              CONGRATS. LOVE the .327.
              "The Open Carry guy is my decoy."

Comment

Originally posted by Yaphank Kid View Post
                I hear these are great Black Widow spider killers........
                Yes - I never saw one, but if I did, I would rather shoot it than kill it with my shoe!

Comment

I think 32 Long is the ultimate revolver cartridge
                  The natural liberty of man is to be free from any superior power on earth, and not to be under the will or legislative authority of man, but only to have the law of nature for his rule ...Samuel Adams, "The Rights of the Colonists" page 419

Comment

Originally posted by Helmup View Post
                    [ATTACH=JSON] that it's slow to load, slow to empty, and slow to shoot,
                    That's the point -- slowing down re-teaches trigger control - site holding & breath --

When I go handgun ah-shoot-en -- my .22 Long is the first out of the range box --

100 or so rounds later I'm ready for the bigger stuff --
                    Last edited by Ricekila; 08-27-2019, 11:16 PM.
                    NRA Instructor / RSO & NRA Life Member / S.A.F.E. Armorer / 03-FFL / Moist Nugget gun nut / Ammosexual / And a right wing Republican Jew with guns

Comment

I got the single-action bug a couple of years ago. I couldn't afford a Colt, so I got a Uberti that was tuned by Taylor's and Co. 255 gr lead bullets. Very accurate too. Now I want a Ruger Single Six Convertable.

Comment

I have both a Ruger New Model Single Six Convertible (22 LR & 22 WMR) and a Colt Frontier Scout (22 LR). I've shot the Ruger, it was fun with 22 MAG cylinder and rounds in it. Have not shot it with the 22 LR cylinder yet. The Colt, I may keep it as is and never fire it, not pristine but almost as good as new and it looks unfired.
                        Retired and loving it.

Comment

Working...
                        X