Are imperfect Pythons worth that much?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mossy930spx View Post

It’s funny cause there’s video at shot show of a colt representative saying only like 5 units had this problem and that it’s a non issue. But it’s funny all those recorded cases are from bloggers and testers.

this seems like a significant problem not advancing the cylinder. Now especially at shot show.
    Seems like only bloggers and testers have it because no one else can find them in stock anywhere for a reasonable price.

Comment

I have a S&W 686 (late 1980's?) & model 28 (1969) which have worked flawlessly for years. I also own a 1973 Python that is teriffic but whether it is worth the $2-$3K price for the buttery smooth action and Colt's Royal blue finish depends on the buyer. I do however have my doubts about Colt's quality control. I purchased a stainless Colt Gold cup Trophy in 2010 and found that it had a serious safety issue with the grip safety. First trip back to Colt ....7 weeks returned with the same grip safety failure. Second trip back 2 weeks back and same problem. Finally third try and a nasty letter and personal call to head of customer service who then checked the pistol out personally and oops... defective sear and hammer. Replaced sear and hammer and has worked fine ever since. [Kudos to Campsite who handled the factory returns and even offered to buy the gun back]. Hopefully Colt's quality control has improved or I wouldn't invest $1.5K in the new Python yet!.
      Last edited by jedimaster; 01-23-2020, 03:03 PM.
      “Just as the First Amendment protects modern forms of communications and the Fourth Amendment applies to modern forms of search, the Second Amendment extends, prima facie, to all instruments that constitute bearable arms, even those that were not in existence at the time of the founding.” -Justice Antonin Scalia, District of Columbia v. Heller, June 26, 2008

Comment

Originally posted by spider View Post
        I wish Glock made a revolver.
        I don't even know what that means?

Sort of like saying...."I wish Coca-Cola made a toaster oven"

LI Ammo, 2 Larkfield Rd. East Northport, open seven days

Comment

Originally posted by LI Ammo View Post

I don't even know what that means?

Sort of like saying...."I wish Coca-Cola made a toaster oven"
          Your wish just came true

1.jpg