High Standard R-101 Revolver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

High Standard R-101 Revolver

High Standard has a reputation for .22 target pistols, but many folks don't know they made revolvers also.

Looking through my pictures and found one of the 1956 vintage. High Standard, 3" barrel, 9 shot .22 revolver, model r-101. This early model didn't have the spring ejector, hence the scratches on the frame from the cylinder being closed without manually retracting it..(I added a few of them) Double action with a bear of a trigger. This was designed by Harry Seifried, a master designer, who went on to be the chief engineer for Bill Ruger for 20 years ('59-'79)
    You can read more about them here: https://unblinkingeye.com/Guns/Sentinel/sentinel.html
    Attached Files
    Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie' until you can find a rock.

Do you still have it?
    "The Open Carry guy is my decoy."

Comment

Originally posted by Dan 0351 View Post
      Do you still have it?
      Yes and regret that I passed up on a snub nose a couple of years ago

Comment

I had an itch shows for them for a while...
        Attached Files

Comment

Nice.
          Giza Development: Building and Renovating Pyramids of Distinction Since 2435 BC 631-427-1691 (Beware the Sea People)

Comment

Wow!

Comment

Ohh man I think I remember shooting that with
              you once?

if it’s the pistol I’m thinking of your comment on the double action trigger is much too generous and complementary.
              High quality building supplies since 1948! Friendly FFL transfers of long guns, receivers, and ammunition. Feel free to call us at 516 741 4466

Comment

Originally posted by Vitaman View Post

Yes and regret that I passed up on a snub nose a couple of years ago
                I was away training when I asked and didn't have access to the photo - but this is why I asked:

High Standard R-101 2.jpg

I can't even remember where I got this from......but it was a long time ago.
                "The Open Carry guy is my decoy."

Comment

I picked the one up from Doug a while back. It shoots well, but a bit high. Quite a silly purchase considering my 4" S&W-18
                  Dear Buddha, please bring me a pony and a plastic rocket.

Comment

Working...
                  X