For Colt Official Police fans.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For Colt Official Police fans.

The Colt Official Police was a real soldier for Colt for many decades. They can still be found and while they might show some wear (they rode in many a holster) they many of them are still very solid. While everyone goes on and on about the Python, 1873 SAA and 1911A1 the OP is very dependable, but not flashy. It might not have been one of Colt's "stars", but it was an essential part of the team. I've become a fan of the model in the past few years. I also like that they are often more reasonably priced than some of Colt's other handguns that one finds on the second-hand market. My trio, but I'm always looking to add a fourth member to the band.

From top to bottom:
    6" barrel (mfd. 1949) - .38 Special
    5" barrel (mfd. 1941) - 38/200. One of the "British Contract" OPs made under contract. Never produced in that caliber for commercial sale
    4" barrel (mfd. 1935) - .38 Special.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Checkman; 02-12-2020, 10:44 AM.

Thanks for sharing! I only knew the S&W Model 10 as a major 20th century revolver, didn't know that Colt had a .38 special as well. Learnt something new. They look like they're in great condition. Enjoy them!

Comment

Such a sweet collection!

I just recently started looking at Colt revolvers and picked up a Officers Match.

Comment

Nice, me likey.
        "The devil doesn't come dressed in a red cape and pointy horns. He comes as everything you've ever wished for.”
        Tucker Max

Infirmitate Invitat Violentiam
        Finicky Fat Guy

Comment

Originally posted by Mrprovy View Post
          Such a sweet collection!

I just recently started looking at Colt revolvers and picked up a Officers Match.
          I have one of those as well and it's a very sweet shooter.

Attached Files

Comment

This 32-20 Police Positive was given to me by a friend who found it in his late 94-year-old aunt's attic. The gun was made in 1916, and the woman's father was a WWI pilot. I wonder if he brought it to Europe with him.

Comment

Working...
            X