Attic Find

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Attic Find

Going back a few years now, my dad found this revolver in his girlfriends attic. He's never really been into guns but kept it around and wants to get rid of it so he is transferring it to me in FL. Was curious if anyone could give me any info on it as far as what they might know about it? Production date, caliber, value?

Attached Files

Paging Karp Hardware.. please go to the red courtesy phone.

Comment

Probably .32 S&W short. Value is not much.
      Dear Buddha, please bring me a pony and a plastic rocket.

Comment

Very popular old pocket revolver, they were made in a number of small calibers. It's possible it won't shoot modern smokeless powder, so check that out. It's funny, an attic find is either one of these or an arisaka. Looks very clean, enjoy!

Comment

Best use of this old H&R is to turn it in a gun buyback and get a $200 debit card.
          Know your rights/Refuse peacefully to consent to a search /Ask if you are free to go or are being detained/Even if you are not doing anything wrong the 4th Amendment protects you against unreasonable searches/Never say anything to law enforcement even if you think it will help you/If questioned you should clearly and unequivocally request that you would like to have an attorney present and defer any questions until then/Never go to prison because you are afraid to go to jail.

Comment

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/H%26R_Firearms#Revolvers

Comment

Screw you people and your attic finds. All I find is a family of chipmunks up there!
              β€œThe constitution shall never be construed...to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.”
              ― Alexander Hamilton

Comment

Actually it looks to be in very nice shape, better than most of that style/era you run across.
                Dear Buddha, please bring me a pony and a plastic rocket.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback guys! Wasn't expecting some million dollar attic find ala Antiques Roadshow, but it's a little interesting piece of history none the less. I'll post again once I get my hands on it. Should be getting a vanilla Marlin 22 with it as well. If anyone else has any info please feel free to add!

Comment

Originally posted by GunsNGolf View Post
                    Screw you people and your attic finds. All I find is a family of chipmunks up there!
                    Well, it's not our fault you haven't taught them to sing and dance yet

Comment

Nice little revolver. Great little find

Btw..I keep the same "help me grow" ruler in my bathroom to

Comment

Originally posted by Joshatkarps View Post
                        Very popular old pocket revolver, they were made in a number of small calibers. It's possible it won't shoot modern smokeless powder, so check that out. It's funny, an attic find is either one of these or an arisaka. Looks very clean, enjoy!
                        Where can one find ammo for these , anybody local ?
                        There are two types of people in this world. People that think the Goverment is looking out for their best interest and people that just think !

Comment

I can't see the caliber is on the pictures but first you gotta see if it takes smokeless powder. And 38 SW is not 38 all, nor is 32 long/short the same as modern 32 acp. You could find the ammo but it won't be cheap

Comment

Looks like .38 S&W, could be short or long
                            Take a young person shooting.... Take 2 or more if you can...

Comment

Originally posted by Pitbull428 View Post
                              Nice little revolver. Great little find

Btw..I keep the same "help me grow" ruler in my bathroom to
                              haha, these are pics my dad took at his house in DE, mine wouldn't have been nearly as detailed but that's him for you.

unsure of the caliber as well but my LGS resident expert is excited to take a look at it and see what we can make work. Won't have it in my hands for another month or so maybe but even if I can find ammo I will probably only shoot it once (if possible) and sit in my closet next to a box of ammo. Speaking of which I need a safe, this will bring the collection to 6 with plans for at least 1-2 more this year. 😬

Comment

Working...
                              X