Smith & Wesson Model 49 with target grips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smith & Wesson Model 49 with target grips

Dad passed away in 2016, but I am still finding things that I brought home after his funeral. This last Sunday I opened a box and found many different types of S&W revolver and pistol grips. To include a set a J frame target grips. I have several back issues of different publications (Shooter's Bible, Guns & Ammo, Guns) from the Seventies in which they state the J frame target grips won't fit the Bodyguard. Well I don't know what is going on because this set fits like a glove. I acknowledge they look rather odd on the Model 49, but they fit my hand very nicely. Have to get to the range to see how they handle with live ammo. Genuine vintage grips. Fairly certain the grips were made in the seventies and my Model 49 was manufactured in 73. They go together. The grips will not be staying on it permanently. When I'm on-duty it will still wear the Pachmayr Compac grips. Figured folks here would get a kick out of the old style grips though.

Attached Files

Sweet. If I got another revolver it'd be a hammerless.
    Giza Development: Building and Renovating Pyramids of Distinction Since 2435 BC 631-427-1691 (Beware the Sea People)

Comment

Nice. A 49 is missing from my collection. I never liked them, but now I really do.
      "The Open Carry guy is my decoy."

Comment

Not too bad. But as long as it is comfortable to you, who cares.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan 0351 View Post
          Nice. A 49 is missing from my collection. I never liked them, but now I really do.
          Playing "Hard to get" isn't usually your style but it is refreshing...
          "Except the Lord build they labor in vain that build it." I firmly believe this; and I also believe that without his concurring aid we shall succeed in this political building no better than the Builders of Babel: We shall be divided by our little partial local interests; our projects will be confounded, and we ourselves shall God governs in the affairs of men. I have lived, Sir, a long time..."
          Ben Franklin, arguably our least faith driven founding father

Comment

Are you stating that I own a collectable that you don't own?

I have a Mid '70's Model 49 that I brought from a R/O @ Freeport a few years ago. A very nice example if I remember correctly.

If you want it, just let me know.

Comment

Looks great....but perhaps a little slick?

Comment

Originally posted by PeterGunn View Post

Are you stating that I own a collectable that you don't own?

I have a Mid '70's Model 49 that I brought from a R/O @ Freeport a few years ago. A very nice example if I remember correctly.

If you want it, just let me know.
                Package deal for that and your P6? 🙄
                "The Open Carry guy is my decoy."

Comment

Package deal for that and your P6? 🙄
                  Did you mean my Sig P6 or the P7 that I'll never sell?

Call me. We'll chat.
                  Last edited by PeterGunn; 10-17-2020, 07:01 AM.

Comment

Working...
                  X