Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tell me again how utterly reliable revolvers are?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tell me again how utterly reliable revolvers are?

Yeah, yeah, I know. That could never happen, it's only my nightstand gun, yada yada...

I could see some of this happening while hunting.

Steve

Perfection

Comment

That's why I only buy Glocks.
      Pat ------> NRA Endowment Member

Comment

If that's the current production Model 19, Hickok45 had one freeze up on him.
        They don't make them like they used to (literally).

Comment

Exactly. Why, just this summer I was at the beach and as I was coming out of the water I tripped and my revolver fell out of the holster into the sand. Just as I picked it up an assailant started a gun fight and my wheel gun failed me and I was killed. Then! On my way to the parking lot I fell into the flower beds and again my gun fell out of the holster and after retrieving it I again was assaulted and again my trusty reliable six shooter failed me and I was killed! Then I fell in a mud puddle. You can guess what happened then!

I know they do this test with semi autos and some of them perform well I. This test, but it’s a ridiculously unrealistic test that in no way simulates what could actually happen in the real world.

In the real world, the only way a gun is getting that dirty and you won’t be able to do a rudimentary cleaning is if you drop it during a gun fight. In which case you are probably going to get killed before you retrieve it anyway.

In real world applications, revolvers don’t have double feeds, or rounds that don’t extract, or mags that don’t seat. They do have failures, but at a lower rate than semiautos. For inexperience shooters, especially those who don’t have the time or resources to train, a wheel gun is still a great option.
          "The devil doesn't come dressed in a red cape and pointy horns. He comes as everything you've ever wished for.”
          Tucker Max

Infirmitate Invitat Violentiam
          Finicky Fat Guy

Comment

Originally posted by Finicky Fat Guy View Post
            Exactly. Why, just this summer I was at the beach and as I was coming out of the water I tripped and my revolver fell out of the holster into the sand. Just as I picked it up an assailant started a gun fight and my wheel gun failed me and I was killed. Then! On my way to the parking lot I fell into the flower beds and again my gun fell out of the holster and after retrieving it I again was assaulted and again my trusty reliable six shooter failed me and I was killed! Then I fell in a mud puddle. You can guess what happened then!

I
            I'll take a stab at it: The bad guy had a single-shot gun and the bullet ricocheted off of your tactical helmet?

"The Open Carry guy is my decoy."

Comment

Nothing is 100% reliable. You let dirt and crap get in your weapon then you never know what will happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan 0351 View Post

I'll take a stab at it: The bad guy had a single-shot gun and the bullet ricocheted off of your tactical helmet?

Trying to rack the muck again? There’s an old saying: “Those who stir the shit have to lick the spoon.”
                "The devil doesn't come dressed in a red cape and pointy horns. He comes as everything you've ever wished for.”
                Tucker Max

Infirmitate Invitat Violentiam
                Finicky Fat Guy

Comment

Working...
                X