Re-bluing options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re-bluing options

Now that I've shot my Single Six a few times and most of the rounds fly almost straight I'd like to get her looking like something. This is a shooter and not a safe queen by any stretch but she's a little scratched and dinged up.
    1- Is it even worth the time and cost on a gun like this?
    2- Better to send it back to Ruger for their treatments?
    3- Will a blue job include polishing out some scratches in the steel?
    4- What is a realistic budget for a rehab/replied on this gun?

I have zero experience w this kind of thing

The best option is to sell it to me. It's a Ruger that I don't actually own yet.
    Pat ------> NRA Endowment Member

Comment

Originally posted by Paté View Post
      The best option is to sell it to me. It's a Ruger that I don't actually own yet.
      You can shoot it but I'd never sell it to you in its current condition. Wouldn't be right for a carrot of your stature.

Comment

What's it look like Tom? Figure a reblue done right where they polish out the scratches and prep gun correctly will run about325-375 from a reputable shop. There's also a hard chrome option. Even a titanium nitride option

Comment

Originally posted by Malaka View Post
          What's it look like Tom? Figure a reblue done right where they polish out the scratches and prep gun correctly will run about325-375 from a reputable shop. There's also a hard chrome option. Even a titanium nitride option

She's a little rough but shoots just fine. I practically stole the gun so I'd still be ok with that investment I just have to decide if I want to bother. Maybe I'll just shoot it a while and then arm wrestle Pate for it, he can put up one of his raspberry LCP's.

Comment

I would try it yourself first, if you dont like it, then send it out. I reblued a Browning Rifle, and it came out really nice, not factory, but nice.
            "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms."
            - Thomas Jefferson

"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed, unlike the people of other countries, whose leaders are afraid to trust them with arms."
            - James Madison

Comment

Call the factory. I have my Colt 1911 at Colt right now being re-blued.
              “The constitution shall never be construed...to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.”
              Alexander Hamilton

Comment

Working...
              X