What's it worth Savage Anschutz M64 1968

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's it worth Savage Anschutz M64 1968

According to the proof stamp on the barrel, it's a 1968 model Match 64 in pretty good condition.
    Would come with a J. Unertl 16x scope in what appears to be perfect condition with both screw on caps.

Anshutz1.JPG
    Anshutz2.JPG
    Anshutz3.JPG

Thoughts?

Dam thats beautiful... I have a newer one. Shoots great.

Comment

• 67Builder
      67Builder commented
      Editing a comment
      I've never fired it. This was something from my father in law's meager collection.
      I'm going to take it Freeport R&R later today to see about putting some rounds through it.
      I may not want to sell it after I'm done.

You wont. Lol
    I would shoot standard velocity 40grain. Mine really likes Wolf. We have plenty of .22 instock if you need

Comment

• 67Builder
      67Builder commented
      Editing a comment
      I work off of 110, so when I'm at the office, you're a short drive for me. But today is one of my work from home days.
      I'm planning on stopping by in a few days to talk about and fondle some 1911's hopefully of the budget or used variety.
      I need some steel to go with my plastic.

• Scharfschütze
      Scharfschütze commented
      Editing a comment
      Cool. Im here everyday except wed/thurs

Lapua center x, elley ten x, RWS 50, of the wolf Paul recommended. Try them all one of them will rise to the top.

Comment

• 67Builder
      67Builder commented
      Editing a comment
      I'll have to run to SSS to see what they have as far as .22. Thanks for the advice.

never seen a scope like that! its awesome!

Comment

• 67Builder
      67Builder commented
      Editing a comment
      It really is a strange sight the first time you see one of those Unertls up close. Some people really do love them. You'll see them going on gunbroker for Leupold price range (for the right models anyway).

I use the Lapua also.. But the wolf shoots so close to it at 1/4 the price.

Comment

i"m pretty sure the scope may have more $$ value than the rifle.

Either way if you are into shooting tiny groups while strapped into a rifle shooting prone.....don't sell either. Part of me is on the hunt for an anschutz like I used to shoot in high school.
      High quality building supplies since 1948! Friendly FFL transfers of long guns, receivers, and ammunition. Feel free to call us at 516 741 4466

Comment

That's just it. I've never been super obsessed with the grouping so much as long as all my shots are pretty well where I want them to be.
        The scope from what I'm seeing on the usual sites is probably worth twice what the rifle is. Crazy!
        I'm going to go fire it a few times and make sure it all works, then clean it and list it up on GB. I just need an idea of where I should be aiming as far as reserve.
        Or I can put it up for sale if one of the fine folks here wants it at a lower price. Maybe a make me an offer type of listing.

Comment

Before you list it post it here. I guarantee someone will take it and you won't have to pay GB fees....
          (or SB fees)

Comment

Great rifle, never seen one with an Unertl mounted on top. Very cool. And what Volko said, the scope is expensive.

Comment

Put it for sale here 😍

Comment

Now for sale here.

https://www.longislandgunclub.com/fo...j-unertl-scope

Comment

Beautiful rifle. Good luck with the sale.
                  Ben

Comment

Sweet

Comment

Originally posted by Scharfschütze View Post
                      Sweet
                      Did someone finally sell Paul something?
                      Ben

Comment

Working...
                      X