Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ruger precision rifle

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Ruger precision rifle

    Anybody own one care to share your thoughts. I'm looking to get my hands on one this week.

    https://youtu.be/kPSMLXFTdTg

    #2
    Dam how do I get the video to post not just the link

    Comment


      #3
      Fucking awesome rifle.. They are also selling an enhanced version.. With a muzzle brake, new hand guard and upgraded bolt shroud. I just put a jp brake on mine and it is a very soft shooting .308

      I also have a couple sub Mia groups at 200 and 100 yards

      Comment


        #4
        Not impressed by it, played with it and it felt sloppy, got good reviews and now everyone's making aftermarket parts to make the rifle better.

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by Dropkick View Post
          Dam how do I get the video to post not just the link
          Take off the "s" in the https
          A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition.

          - Rudyard Kipling

          Comment


          • Dropkick
            Dropkick commented
            Editing a comment
            Ty

          #6
          Originally posted by Noarguy View Post
          Not impressed by it, played with it and it felt sloppy, got good reviews and now everyone's making aftermarket parts to make the rifle better.
          hmmm coming from a guy with a screen name no ar guy think you might be biased.

          Comment


            #7
            I'm anxiously waiting to play with one.
            One of our more esteemed members recently got one and I'm waiting for that range day we talked about.
            And waiting, and waiting.
            A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition.

            - Rudyard Kipling

            Comment


            • SteveT
              SteveT commented
              Editing a comment
              If you're heading out to Brookhaven lemme know.

            • pandm
              pandm commented
              Editing a comment
              Dr. - what range?
              Brookhaven opens at 9.
              And if you want to get sand in that nice new rifle, Calverton opens at 10.

              Steve T - watch the thread and we'll make a day of it.

            • SteveT
              SteveT commented
              Editing a comment
              sounds good.

            #8
            Originally posted by Dropkick View Post

            hmmm coming from a guy with a screen name no ar guy think you might be biased.
            It's funny, I think calling a gun a assaults rifle is retarted, my guns have never assaulted anyone.

            I remembered looking at it before January, then everyone was removing this plastic piece, upgrading bolt, adding this. what kind of shooter are you? What are you comparing it to?

            Comment


            • Dropkick
              Dropkick commented
              Editing a comment
              Your the only one in this thread that used the word assault rifle.

            • Noarguy
              Noarguy commented
              Editing a comment
              You questioned my name,

            • MSA77
              MSA77 commented
              Editing a comment
              I thought Noarguy was the suburban part of North Paraguay.

            #9
            Originally posted by Dropkick View Post
            Anybody own one care to share your thoughts. I'm looking to get my hands on one this week.

            https://youtu.be/kPSMLXFTdTg


            Copy/Paste the entire link.

            Click on the A on the top right of text box and then click on the video icon. Paste the full link in there and it will post the video.
            “Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." - Benjamin Franklin

            Comment


              #10
              Originally posted by Noarguy View Post

              It's funny, I think calling a gun a assaults rifle is retarted, my guns have never assaulted anyone.

              I remembered looking at it before January, then everyone was removing this plastic piece, upgrading bolt, adding this. what kind of shooter are you? What are you comparing it to?

              What do you compare it to? It's a sub Moa gun for 1100, it's an entry level precision rifle. Ofcourse it won't compare to a 3000 custom rifle. But it blows the doors off a r700 or savage in that price range

              Comment


                #11
                Originally posted by Bigrob View Post


                What do you compare it to? It's a sub Moa gun for 1100, it's an entry level precision rifle. Ofcourse it won't compare to a 3000 custom rifle. But it blows the doors off a r700 or savage in that price range
                How does it blow the doors off?

                Comment


                • MossbergMan
                  MossbergMan commented
                  Editing a comment
                  It just blows them off because it has a pistol grip.

                  I'll stick with my R700.

                #12
                Because it's built for precision rifle shooters in mind, not a hunting gun that someone has to upgrade to get into precision shooting... doubling if not tripling the price of the rifle.

                Comment


                  #13
                  Originally posted by Dropkick View Post
                  Anybody own one care to share your thoughts. I'm looking to get my hands on one this week.

                  https://youtu.be/kPSMLXFTdTg
                  This week? I think most shops have waiting lists...

                  Comment


                    #14
                    I've shot the Precision Rifle in 308., its a nice bolt gun, not the traditional rifle stock bolt action...more of a tactical type if that's what you're into...for the money and quality, I think Ruger built a nice gun..Hey man, different strokes for different folks. ..

                    Comment


                      #15
                      You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                      This gallery has 1 photos.
                      NRA LIFE | SAF | GOA | UTAH / NH / FL / PA / NY CCW | APPLESEED RIFLEMAN | RSO | FREEPORT R&R | NSCA | NYSRPA

                      Comment


                      • Dropkick
                        Dropkick commented
                        Editing a comment
                        sweet
                    Working...
                    X