Announcement

Collapse

St Mary’s Children’s Hospital Fund Raiser

Don’t miss out! ——> Link
See more
See less

Which Chassis?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #16
    Have you looked into XLR Industries ?

    Comment


      #17
      Originally posted by iceburg View Post
      Have you looked into XLR Industries ?
      Yes, not a fan of their stock set up. Spoke with their customer service and they werent very well versed in their own products.

      Comment


        #18
        One is tacticool, the other is storm trooper. Choice is yours my friend.
        A sunny day
        A shotgun and a Chevrolet
        Wouldn't you like that?

        Comment


          #19
          Have you checked out KRG? I have the Bravo and it's pretty baddass.

          https://kineticresearchgroup.com/product/bravo-chassis/

          Ryan

          Comment


            #20
            Originally posted by nyctpt View Post
            Have you checked out KRG? I have the Bravo and it's pretty baddass.

            https://kineticresearchgroup.com/product/bravo-chassis/

            Ryan
            Bravo has the same problem as the McMillan, the busttstock doesn’t have the maneuverability I need. And the whisky chassis is ugly in my opinion.

            Comment


              #21
              Have you made a decision on which one you are going with? I've been in the same boat looking for a chassis for a Remington 700 I want to build and all the research I did pushed me in the direction of the MDT.

              Have you checked out the new Magpul chassis? It looks like a great option as well. Being so new, there aren't a whole lot of reviews I could find though.

              I've also been looking at a Grayboe Ridgeback for another project that has the adjustable length of pull and cheek riser as well as the ability to get it in a floor plate or DBM configuration. Not sure if this fits your adjust-ability needs, but this seemed to get some good reviews as well.

              Comment


                #22
                Originally posted by saltysurfman View Post
                Have you made a decision on which one you are going with? I've been in the same boat looking for a chassis for a Remington 700 I want to build and all the research I did pushed me in the direction of the MDT.

                Have you checked out the new Magpul chassis? It looks like a great option as well. Being so new, there aren't a whole lot of reviews I could find though.

                I've also been looking at a Grayboe Ridgeback for another project that has the adjustable length of pull and cheek riser as well as the ability to get it in a floor plate or DBM configuration. Not sure if this fits your adjust-ability needs, but this seemed to get some good reviews as well.
                I had actually set myself on the masterpiece arms, however after calling and asking some questions and dealing with one of the most arrogant assholes i have ever spoken to, I went with the MDT

                Also got a discount code for optics planet so the chassis with stock and 18in handguard was 860$ total, couple that with a calvin elite 2-stage for 140. I am way ahead of where I thought id be with the build.

                Comment


                  #23
                  Originally posted by Dank27 View Post

                  I had actually set myself on the masterpiece arms, however after calling and asking some questions and dealing with one of the most arrogant assholes i have ever spoken to, I went with the MDT

                  Also got a discount code for optics planet so the chassis with stock and 18in handguard was 860$ total, couple that with a calvin elite 2-stage for 140. I am way ahead of where I thought id be with the build.
                  That's a great deal! How do you like it?

                  I liked that you could change for any AR style grip on the MDT and there wasn't much info available as to if the masterpiece had the same interchangable design. I'm thinking of going with a weighted shelf grip so that pushed me away from the masterpiece. Still have a few other things to figure out before I make my purchase though.

                  Comment


                    #24
                    Originally posted by saltysurfman View Post

                    That's a great deal! How do you like it?

                    I liked that you could change for any AR style grip on the MDT and there wasn't much info available as to if the masterpiece had the same interchangable design. I'm thinking of going with a weighted shelf grip so that pushed me away from the masterpiece. Still have a few other things to figure out before I make my purchase though.
                    I dont have it yet. Should get it in the next week or so. I have used mdt in the past and like them.

                    You can swap grips with the masterpiece arms chassis though.

                    Comment


                      #25
                      I love the ergonomics of a chassis rifle....but they weigh to much. Carrying those things in the woods or up mountains is no fun.

                      but if a manufacturer puts out a chassis rifle that is under 7 pounds I’ll buy one. Until then I’ll stick with lighter rifles
                      The natural liberty of man is to be free from any superior power on earth, and not to be under the will or legislative authority of man, but only to have the law of nature for his rule ...Samuel Adams, "The Rights of the Colonists" page 419

                      Comment


                        #26
                        Originally posted by Ancap View Post
                        I love the ergonomics of a chassis rifle....but they weigh to much. Carrying those things in the woods or up mountains is no fun.

                        but if a manufacturer puts out a chassis rifle that is under 7 pounds I’ll buy one. Until then I’ll stick with lighter rifles
                        I agree, but for me its going to be a purpose built benchrest/long range build so the weight doesnt matter. The ESS however is only about 5lbs with the 15in forend, so depending on barrel profile you could get a fairly light chassis rifle.

                        Their are also other chassis that are much lighter to start with as well.

                        Comment


                          #27
                          Originally posted by Dank27 View Post

                          I agree, but for me its going to be a purpose built benchrest/long range build so the weight doesnt matter. The ESS however is only about 5lbs with the 15in forend, so depending on barrel profile you could get a fairly light chassis rifle.

                          Their are also other chassis that are much lighter to start with as well.
                          If you have any links that be great. The lightest set up I have seen so far is about 7.5 pounds without glass. Even then it didn’t feel well balanced...most chassis rifles are crazy heavy
                          The natural liberty of man is to be free from any superior power on earth, and not to be under the will or legislative authority of man, but only to have the law of nature for his rule ...Samuel Adams, "The Rights of the Colonists" page 419

                          Comment


                            #28
                            Originally posted by Ancap View Post

                            If you have any links that be great. The lightest set up I have seen so far is about 7.5 pounds without glass. Even then it didn’t feel well balanced...most chassis rifles are crazy heavy
                            The MDT LSS should come back lighter than that depending on the buttstock you choose: https://mdttac.com/products/lss-chas...nt=42964274182. Total weight of the chassis is 1.6-1.8 pounds plus the buttstock. Choosing this option really depends on what you are looking for in the chassis though. You lose some of the features of a typical chassis system as you won't have rails, but you will still get the ergonomics.

                            Comment


                              #29
                              Originally posted by saltysurfman View Post

                              The MDT LSS should come back lighter than that depending on the buttstock you choose: https://mdttac.com/products/lss-chas...nt=42964274182. Total weight of the chassis is 1.6-1.8 pounds plus the buttstock. Choosing this option really depends on what you are looking for in the chassis though. You lose some of the features of a typical chassis system as you won't have rails, but you will still get the ergonomics.
                              That’s the one I looked at, that weighed over 7 pounds. If there is a lighter combination, I be interested. But at the same time you can build an accurate 5-6 pound ar-15 with better balance for less money
                              The natural liberty of man is to be free from any superior power on earth, and not to be under the will or legislative authority of man, but only to have the law of nature for his rule ...Samuel Adams, "The Rights of the Colonists" page 419

                              Comment


                                #30
                                We got one of the production versions of the MDT ACC in today. Very impressed!
                                782 Custom Gunworks LTD
                                1545A2 Ocean Ave
                                Bohemia, NY 11716
                                486-8116

                                www.782guns.com
                                Instagram @782customgunworks
                                Facebook 782guns

                                Open 10AM-7PM Tuesday-Saturday! Closed Sunday and Monday.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X