Anyone make a ultralight rifle chassis?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone make a ultralight rifle chassis?

I love the ergonomics of these new chassis bolt rifles, but don’t like the weight.

I would like to build a chassis rifle under 7 lbs

anyone know of a ultralight chassis out there....one preferably with a folding stock

im flexible on manufacturer actions if I find the right chassis....but if I had a choice I use a tikka action
    The natural liberty of man is to be free from any superior power on earth, and not to be under the will or legislative authority of man, but only to have the law of nature for his rule ...Samuel Adams, "The Rights of the Colonists" page 419

the MDT LSS chassis is about 1.5lbs and you can get a folding stock adapter for it from MDT too. I have the the old gen 1 LSS chassis on a Remington 700 action and I love it.

Comment

Mdt as stated. MPA Hybrid is pretty light and xlr makes some very light chassis as well.

Comment

These are seem to be what I’m looking for...thanks
        The natural liberty of man is to be free from any superior power on earth, and not to be under the will or legislative authority of man, but only to have the law of nature for his rule ...Samuel Adams, "The Rights of the Colonists" page 419

Comment

Also American Rifle co just launched a chassis. Its interesting but weighs very little

https://www.americanrifle.com/shop/p...39?category=17

Comment

Originally posted by Dank27 View Post
            Also American Rifle co just launched a chassis. Its interesting but weighs very little

https://www.americanrifle.com/shop/p...39?category=17
            That business model and technique not only worries me, but down right turns me off.

Sure lots of companies have early buy ins , where you buy up front and hope they actually make the thing. It doesn't always work out. I know a guy who got burnt for many hundred of dollars on a pistol that will never be produced nor will he ever get his money back. Been through it myself with a rifle and was lucky to at least get SOMETHING from the company, screwed up and poor quality as it ended up being. Most involved lost their money. But you know that going in, you pays your money, you takes your chances.

But the turn off is how they have everything priced. Just strikes me as kind of.... disingenuous (to put it as nicely as possible)

$250

Add to cart

Deposit for $1400....

How 'bout saying.....
            $1400

$250 Deposit
            Add to cart

Last edited by cas; 03-10-2019, 02:29 PM.
            John Valuk is dead. He fell on his head.

Comment

Working...
            X