Nice Video on the Ruger Gunsite Scout

Sorry if a dupe, but I don't think so.
    NRA Benefactor Life
    NRA Instructor & RSO
    NYSRPA, SAF, GOA

New to me.
    Thanks.

Comment

I'm a Ruger fan, rifles and pistols. That said, it looked like he was wrestling with that bolt a bit. I have not fired the Scout yet but if the bolt fights back I'd be disappointed.
      Anyone have real life reviews?

Comment

Originally posted by Huntington Guy View Post
        I'm a Ruger fan, rifles and pistols. That said, it looked like he was wrestling with that bolt a bit. I have not fired the Scout yet but if the bolt fights back I'd be disappointed.
        My first reaction was why didn't he re-shoot that part, then I thought, a big plus for leaving it in. At the end he actually mentions it, and blames it on "user error." I have to go with that, and being honest, because it would have been way too easy to just reshoot. The first time I saw it, it certainly bugged the shit out of me, but I have a bunch of Rugers, and find them reliable as hell. It is odd that he left that in, user error, or not!
        NRA Benefactor Life
        NRA Instructor & RSO
        NYSRPA, SAF, GOA

Comment

Originally posted by MSA77 View Post

My first reaction was why didn't he re-shoot that part, then I thought, a big plus for leaving it in. At the end he actually mentions it, and blames it on "user error." I have to go with that, and being honest, because it would have been way too easy to just reshoot. The first time I saw it, it certainly bugged the shit out of me, but I have a bunch of Rugers, and find them reliable as hell. It is odd that he left that in, user error, or not!
          I liked the honesty of that part, when he had the feed issue. I was thinking more generally. 4-5 times throughout the video it looked like the bolt was tough to cycle for him.
          I've got 4 Ruger rifles and 4 Ruger pistols (and bought another one today, a + Paul post coming), they are built like tanks, shoot the way I like them too and will be around long after I'm gone.
          Hopefully I'll get to shoot one sooner than later and see for myself.

Comment

I liked the honesty of that part, when he had the feed issue. I was thinking more generally. 4-5 times throughout the video it looked like the bolt was tough to cycle for him.
            I've got 4 Ruger rifles and 4 Ruger pistols (and bought another one today, a + Paul post coming), they are built like tanks, shoot the way I like them too and will be around long after I'm gone.
            I just picked up a lefty version from a member here.

Of course you're welcome to it any time.
            “The Wise are silent, the Foolish speak, and children are thus led astray.”
            Algernon Blackwood

Comment

Originally posted by Dan 0351 View Post

My man Dan to the rescue. Thanks

Comment

My man Dan to the rescue. Thanks

It's at the range, let me know.
                “The Wise are silent, the Foolish speak, and children are thus led astray.”
                Algernon Blackwood

Comment

I have one, you are welcome to try it
                  Originally posted by Dan 0351 View Post

Nice!
                  Take a young person shooting.... Take 2 or more if you can...

Comment

I like mine, got two. I have a standard blue version and I was able to find a hard to locate export model - 18" barrel and no threads in stainless steel.

Comment

I have one and I haven't had any issues with the bolt. I keep my rifle well oiled. I love shooting this gun, very accurate and very smooth action.

Comment

I'm a fan of this rifle... I just wish they made it in one other configuration. Stainless, 16" barrel, .223/5.56, synthetic stock. For some ungodly reason, they don't make the 5.56 version with the synthetic stock. It's a shame, too, since it shaves about a full pound off the rifle vs. the wood stock.

Comment

I really like these but the proprietary mags and 1k + price tag for the stainless lefty version scared me away

Comment

Working...
                          X