M40A1 Clone Search

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M40A1 Clone Search

Well, I've finally sourced a real USMC SNIPER 10X Unertl. Far from mint, but I haven't found one for sale in a long time and couldn't afford a mint one on the rare occasion they come up - so this is it.

20200729_122016.jpg

My goal is to eventually have a rifle built to match.

img_3.jpeg

The following companies were recommended:

GA Precision
    C+H Precision Weapons
    Raven Rifles

Does anyone know these companies? I've been out of the the long-range game for decades and haven't a clue about them. Do they employ 2112's?

Thanks.

"The Open Carry guy is my decoy."

Just throwin' it out there:
    https://www.longislandgunclub.com/fo...stom-m40-clone
    Steve

Comment

Coolest camo of all time. There is a company that produces m40s but the name of them eludes me at the moment.

edit: I’m a fool. It’s GA precision which is right in your post

Comment

Originally posted by vmtcmt View Post
        Yeah, it was a strong consideration for about a week, but I really want an A1. The one for sale is more of an A3.

20200715_224820.jpg 2.jpg

Not sure why, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan 0351 View Post

Yeah, it was a strong consideration for about a week, but I really want an A1. The one for sale is more of an A3.

20200715_224820.jpg 2.jpg

Not sure why, though.

Really!! Finger on the trigger??

J/K....

Comment

Originally posted by cityrepo61 View Post

J/K....
            LOL, every time I post that pic here, over the years, I get called out about it. I have lots of pics from the military - almost all have guys with their fingers on their triggers. I don't remember it being such a "thing" in the military 30+ years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by cityrepo61 View Post

J/K....
              Always at the ready........

Comment

There have been a handful of real M40A1s that leaked out at some point. I recall seeing at least a couple over the years at Rock Island or Murphy (James D Julia). Expensive though.
                Know your rights/Refuse peacefully to consent to a search /Ask if you are free to go or are being detained/Even if you are not doing anything wrong the 4th Amendment protects you against unreasonable searches/Never say anything to law enforcement even if you think it will help you/If questioned you should clearly and unequivocally request that you would like to have an attorney present and defer any questions until then/Never go to prison because you are afraid to go to jail.

Comment

Originally posted by class3 View Post
                  There have been a handful of real M40A1s that leaked out at some point. I recall seeing at least a couple over the years at Rock Island or Murphy (James D Julia). Expensive though.
                  I can't imagine what a real one would cost - the clones are crazy money.

Comment

no mind of nothin' and not knowing current value , the cmp sells off sniper telescope every now and again
                    there is one up for sale now
                    https://cmpauction.thecmp.org/detail...Telescope-1203
                    back in the day of my brown hair , I purchased several M-84 and ART 11 rifle scope from the DCM, 2 of the ART 11 came with the green fib. glas carry case
                    all worked fine
                    hot damn , the cmp has sun shades for the scope
                    https://cmpauction.thecmp.org/detail...ertl-10x-Scope
                    Last edited by Volkosupply; 07-29-2020, 01:46 PM.
                    High quality building supplies since 1948! Friendly FFL transfers of long guns, receivers, and ammunition. Feel free to call us at 516 741 4466

Comment

Iron Brigade Armory used to make an M40 but there gone now. Hart’s , known for there barrels, also does an M40. Nothing is cheap in an M40/M24 world lol

Comment

Originally posted by Dan 0351 View Post

I can't imagine what a real one would cost - the clones are crazy money.
                        $20K in 2010, when the firearms market was at a real low point. Probably 1.5 - 2x that today.

https://www.rockislandauction.com/de...s-sniper-rifle
                        Know your rights/Refuse peacefully to consent to a search /Ask if you are free to go or are being detained/Even if you are not doing anything wrong the 4th Amendment protects you against unreasonable searches/Never say anything to law enforcement even if you think it will help you/If questioned you should clearly and unequivocally request that you would like to have an attorney present and defer any questions until then/Never go to prison because you are afraid to go to jail.

Comment

GA Makes a great clone. Turnaround for them is usually pretty quick
                          https://www.gaprecision.net/usmc-m40a1.html

Comment

Originally posted by Dank27 View Post
                            GA Makes a great clone. Turnaround for them is usually pretty quick
                            https://www.gaprecision.net/usmc-m40a1.html
                            Glad you said that, was looking for you and a few others to chime in; I think GA is my 1st choice. I called them last week and they can still get a hold of the actual correct mounts.

Comment

Nice.
                              Giza Development: Building and Renovating Pyramids of Distinction Since 2435 BC 631-427-1691 (Beware the Sea People)

Comment

Working...
                              X