Educate Me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HulkSmash22 View Post
    My card was already pulled when I admitted I dislike shooting a 45 pistol.
    My follow gunaholic you just haven’t found the right 45 for You yet!
    A .45acp says go away in any language ~ Clint Smith

Comment

My card was already pulled when I admitted I dislike shooting a 45 pistol.
      CZ 97 ... problem solved.
      Exercise the Bill of Rights. It's good for your Constitution.

Comment

Originally posted by Range Time View Post

When are we going to meet at Calverton so you can try out my 1911? It's a Taurus and we'll start with one round at a time, so no worries if you squeal like a girl and drop it when it fires.

I can also bring my 8mm Mauser bolt-action, but that has significant kick. It's still probably less unnerving though because it's shoulder recoil.
        Work has been kicking my ass the last couple of weeks. I haven't even been on here in 2 days. But I'm down hopefully soon, before the weather turns to shit. I'll definitely meet you there and would be happy to try some things out. I over exaggerate. I don't drop things and I don't complain. I just much prefer smaller calibers. Like I could shoot 22 for HOURS. That's all. But yea, lets meet out there, bring a bunch of shit and have some fun.

Comment

That's crazy....but I do see the differences and benefits of a bolt gun. Now of course, I can add it to my list of "down the rabbit hole" things to spend money on....eventually. Gotta get more range time in with the guns I have first.
          Last edited by HulkSmash22; 09-17-2020, 10:52 PM. Reason: Tried to quote the boar hunting video but it didn't work for some reason.

Comment

Originally posted by Barnslayer View Post

CZ 97 ... problem solved.
            Anyone got one I can try out? 😃

Comment

Work has been kicking my ass the last couple of weeks. I haven't even been on here in 2 days. But I'm down hopefully soon, before the weather turns to shit. I'll definitely meet you there and would be happy to try some things out. I over exaggerate. I don't drop things and I don't complain. I just much prefer smaller calibers. Like I could shoot 22 for HOURS. That's all. But yea, lets meet out there, bring a bunch of shit and have some fun.
              The cool thing is it's open seven days per week in October, so more opportunities for retired guys to go mid-week, decreasing the weekend crowds for us, and also more opportunities for us sneak out there during the week.

I don't enjoy .45 in a little gun either, but in a 1911, it's actually fun. I'll also have my new XD45, which might be somewhere in between, being a large gun with a polymer frame.

Comment

Originally posted by Range Time View Post

The cool thing is it's open seven days per week in October, so more opportunities for retired guys to go mid-week, decreasing the weekend crowds for us, and also more opportunities for us sneak out there during the week.

I don't enjoy .45 in a little gun either, but in a 1911, it's actually fun. I'll also have my new XD45, which might be somewhere in between, being a large gun with a polymer frame.
                Lets do it. If you can turn me on to a 45 that's fine to shoot, I'm in.

Comment

I prefer bolt action.
                  Nothing to break, jam or otherwise f up, with rare exceptions, and in my experience, accurate as the shooter.

Comment

Anyone got one I can try out? 😃
                    I do.
                    "The devil doesn't come dressed in a red cape and pointy horns. He comes as everything you've ever wished for.”
                    Tucker Max

Infirmitate Invitat Violentiam
                    Finicky Fat Guy

Comment

Originally posted by Finicky Fat Guy View Post

I do.
                      Where do you frequent?

Comment

Where do you frequent?
                        Freeport, Calverton, Mitchell Field, Brookhaven. And you?
                        "The devil doesn't come dressed in a red cape and pointy horns. He comes as everything you've ever wished for.”
                        Tucker Max

Infirmitate Invitat Violentiam
                        Finicky Fat Guy

Comment

Freeport, Calverton. Will start going to Mitchell Field again but Freeport is 10 min from me. So that’s where I spend my time, when I have the time to spend

Comment

back streets in an industrial area near babylon???

Comment

Originally posted by SemiAutoFetish View Post

back streets in an industrial area near babylon???
                              Are you talking about the underground private range on Kean street?

Comment

Are you talking about the underground private range on Kean street?
                                No, but yes....and that would be the old Bethpage rifle and pistol club

Comment

Working...
                                X