Recommendation for a 22lr bolt action and scope

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Range Time View Post

What makes a rimfire scope different than a centerfire scope?
    Rimfire scopes are generally lower magnification, (fixed 4X and 2-7X are common, as opposed to 3-9) and have parallax set at 50 yards, if it's not AO. Centerfire scopes are usually set at 100. Often, they are built a bit lighter, because they aren't expected to see the recoil of a beefy centerfire.

Nothing says you can't use a CF scope on a RF, but a RF scope may not last on a .30-06.
    Steve

Comment

Hey Guys
      Anybody have the savage mk 2 fv-sr? Really like that one. Not sure if its good to go here because it does have a treaded barrel

Comment

Originally posted by LIBIGLOU View Post
        Hey Guys
        Anybody have the savage mk 2 fv-sr? Really like that one. Not sure if its good to go here because it does have a treaded barrel
        Threaded barrel is gtg on a bolt rifle.

Comment

I've got the 22 bolt bug and decided to go through old posts to see whats been said recently.

No one in this thread recommended the Ruger Precision Rimfire? Says they also take 10/22 mags? And seems to sell around the same price point as the Ruger American Target/Long Range Target rifles.

I'm also reading that the Savage B-22 series rotary magazines are a nightmare?

Comment

Originally posted by BillyBonds View Post
            I've got the 22 bolt bug and decided to go through old posts to see whats been said recently.

No one in this thread recommended the Ruger Precision Rimfire? Says they also take 10/22 mags? And seems to sell around the same price point as the Ruger American Target/Long Range Target rifles.

I have one, it was $425 about a year ago, shoots great...
            You cant cure stupid, only kill it......
            Of all the things I lost, I miss my mind the most.....

Comment

I bought two Savage B series rifles. 17 WSM and .22 mag.

Not accurate and the mags sucked. Very cheap rifles. Not impressed with those two stage triggers.

Sold them both.

Don’t miss them although I wish I had a .17 WSM.

Comment

We transferred a Ruger precision 10/22 for a customer a few years ago. Wasn’t my cup of tea but it was neat. If I remember the bolt throw could be set for .22 throw or like a .308 throw for training.
                High quality building supplies since 1948! Friendly FFL transfers of long guns, receivers, and ammunition. Feel free to call us at 516 741 4466

Comment

I got the savage mk2 fv-sr. It was tough to find but I did locate a LGS that had one in stock. I also went with a vortex crossfire rimfire scope and caldwell pivot bipod. Overall I'm very happy with everything I got. It took me awhile to get everything assembled(too busy) but 2 weeks ago I was at freeport and sighted her in. Pleased with everything. I also heard bad things about the b-series mags and decided on the mk2. I know a few people that have one and they swear by them. I think I need one more session to dial in the scope but otherwise she's getting to be a tackdriver, at least at 25 yards.

Comment

I bought my kids a CZ-455 and put a Leupold 4X rimfire scope on it. It shoots nickel size groups at 50 yds. from the bench.

Comment

Working...
                    X