Bergara b-14 hmr 6.5 cm ??

Anyone have one??

I have one, great rifle sub moa groups at 100 yards
    NRA, NYSRPA, SAF member, Freeport R&R.

Comment

Originally posted by disturbed0013 View Post
      I have one, great rifle sub moa groups at 100 yards
      Of course you have one!

The only thing that surprises me is that HyFiveGuns doesn't have one already!

Comment

Originally posted by raceradam View Post

Of course you have one!

Yeah but I think I’m working on that. Want to find one locally. Anyone want to sell one or know of LGS that has one ?

Comment

IMG_8453.jpg

Picked up this one from Campsite a few years back (peace be upon the bearded one). Took the Ghost Firearms long range shooting course and learned me some distance shooting skills. Even entered a few PRS matches to put those skills to the test.
          The rifle is so easy to shoot, far more accurate than I'll ever be, and who doesn't like the feedback of hitting 1000yd+ targets?
          Last I saw, and this was a while back. Coliseum had a couple in stock. Give them a call, maybe you'll get lucky.

Comment

Originally posted by raceradam View Post

Of course you have one!

Well.... HyFiveGuns has one now....

Wearing a Vortex Viper PST Gen 2 5-25x50 FFP MRAD scope and Area419 Hellfire brake... them prairie dogs ain't gonna be happy....

IMG_6153.JPG

Comment

Great rifle. Trigger is soso.

Comment

Originally posted by Dank27 View Post
                Great rifle. Trigger is soso.
                My factory trigger broke pretty cleanly at 2.5 pounds very reliably. But I did recently upgrade to the Timney Calvin Elite. Words cannot describe the difference. I went for the 1lb setup. But really, the factory setup is good.

Comment

Originally posted by 67Builder View Post

My factory trigger broke pretty cleanly at 2.5 pounds very reliably. But I did recently upgrade to the Timney Calvin Elite. Words cannot describe the difference. I went for the 1lb setup. But really, the factory setup is good.
                  I’ve shot 7-8 different HMR’s and every trigger was different.
                  I run 2 Stage Calvin elites in most of my center fire rifles and Triggertech Diamond in my vudoo so No factory trigger works for me anymore lol.

Comment

In case you missed my trip report from South Dakota, I wanted to do a follow up on this rifle after real field use. Prior to leaving, I ran about a half dozen different factory loads from 95gr VMAX up to 147gr ELD-Match and put around 100 or so rounds down the pipe. The 140gr Hornady ELD-Match rounds were the overall best with consistent sub-MOA groups at 100 yards and frequently putting bullets in the same hole. I finally zeroed the rifle with 95gr Varmint Express as that was my intended load for the SD trip. Those rounds also produced very good groups (not as good as the 140's) but definitely good enough for minute-of-prairie-dog. I ran about 400 rounds of the Hornady 95gr VMAX through an Area419 Sidewinder muzzle brake and between the lower weight bullets and the brake, recoil was negligible and I had no problem spotting my hits or misses and felt no recoil fatigue even after shooting this gun for nearly 6 hours straight. The action on this rifle is so smooth it feels like its on ball bearings and that combined with a Magpul 10-round AICS magazine, I was able to crank follow up shots very quickly. The adjustable cheek riser is a nice feature and I supplemented that with a Triad Tactical Stock Pad to improve comfort, especially in 100+ degree heat. Overall, this rifle was outstandingly accurate (even when hot) and an absolute pleasure to shoot. Only thing that would make it better is a two-stage trigger.

Comment

The blame goes squarely on High Five, as I report that I just bought myself one of the Premier versions of this rifle in 6.5 cm
                      Similar to the B-14 but with the TriggerTech trigger and an extra bitty thing or two.
                      Haven't mounted a scope on it yet. When I have it tricked out, with a scope and brake I'll take some pictures. Bergara.png

LI Ammo, 2 Larkfield Rd. East Northport, (closed Sundays during Covid Apocalypse)

Comment

Originally posted by LI Ammo View Post
                        The blame goes squarely on High Five, as I report that I just bought myself one of the Premier versions of this rifle in 6.5 cm
                        Similar to the B-14 but with the TriggerTech trigger and an extra bitty thing or two.
                        Haven't mounted a scope on it yet. When I have it tricked out, with a scope and brake I'll take some pictures. Bergara.png

NICE!!! You will not be disappointed.... Strongly recommend the Area419 Sidewinder Brake... It's big and loud as F**K, but it is very high quality, does a great job of reducing recoil and is super easy to install. I have several of their brakes and they're excellent..

Comment

• LI Ammo
                          LI Ammo commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I'm in!
                      Working...
                      X