Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's your favorite bolt action .22

I have an Anschutz that was my fathers.
    its real nice. Very accurate, open sites.
    i think I'd like to get another 22 with a scope for accurate varmint shooting type activities.
    and I'd like a bolt actio
    so I was wondering what others like.
    "Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." Martin Luther King, Jr.

Never had anything fancy in .22, but I do like my Ruger 77/22.
    I keep meaning to change the stock to something other than the Ruger "boat paddle" but just never get around to it.

Comment

I only have one .22 bolt gun so by default it is my favorite. It's a marlin xt-22 with a fairly cheap rimfire scope. It has a nice heavy barrel on it, the trigger pull is light and crisp and the synthetic stock is decent. I do, however, have plans to bed it into a wooden boyds stock at some point. The best part (for me) about this rifle is that is shares magazines with the marlin 795 (semiauto .22). I have three or 4 of these in various configurations and used to use them quite often at appleseeds. I must have 20 mags for these rifles.

Comment

The CZ 452 Deluxe is nice.

Comment

Izhmash Sobol Hunter, Biathlon style toggle action 22lr. Mmm yeaaah.20151027_193721.jpg

Comment

Marlin 80G because it's the only 22 bolt I have and it cost me $5.00

Comment

Top two were my fathers compitition rifles from the late 40s.
              Top is a Winchester 52
              2nd down is a Remington 37 Rangemaster
              3rd down is a savage MK ll I recently picked up
              bottom is my piece of shit 10/22 jam master
              You do not have permission to view this gallery.
              This gallery has 1 photos.
              Last edited by FastPhil; 08-18-2016, 06:12 PM.

Comment

the one that's with me at the range or in the woods that day,,,,,,,,,,,,shhhh don't tell the other 22's they will get mad at me

Comment

CZ455 Tacticool, Kimber 82C. Trying to decide which I like better.
                  Post count uber alles!
                  Saying we don’t need firearms because we have the Police is like saying we don’t need fire extinguishers because we have the Fire Department.
                  Rich or poor, it's good to have money!
                  If 'pro' is the opposite of 'con', what is the opposite of 'progress'?
                  If at First You Don't Succeed, Skydiving Is Not for You.
                  A nation of sheep, invites a government of wolves.

Comment

I have The Savage MK ll FV-SR ,,She's a fun gun, not really a tac driver, but fun to shoot...

Comment

Originally posted by pandm View Post
                      Never had anything fancy in .22, but I do like my Ruger 77/22.
                      I keep meaning to change the stock to something other than the Ruger "boat paddle" but just never get around to it.
                      I put a Magpul X22 on my vanilla 10/22 a couple of months ago. Turned an otherwise ill-fitting gun into something I can actually take to Appleseed and not feel too embarrassed.

https://www.amazon.com/Magpul-Indust...+10%2F22+stock

(Also did a few other mods, magazine and bolt release).
                      NRA LIFE | SAF | GOA | UTAH / NH / FL / PA / NY CCW | APPLESEED RIFLEMAN | RSO | FREEPORT R&R | NSCA | NYSRPA

Comment

Originally posted by FastPhil View Post
                        Top is a Winchester 52
                        Very nice.
                        NRA LIFE | SAF | GOA | UTAH / NH / FL / PA / NY CCW | APPLESEED RIFLEMAN | RSO | FREEPORT R&R | NSCA | NYSRPA

Comment

CZ 452 American
                          I also have an Anschutz, but haven't shot it enough to be my favorite.

Comment

I have a 1905 Savage NRA Match Rifle in .22. Bought it off of someone years ago for $50. Thing is a tack driver with stock sights.

I have another bolt action Savage .22, but forgot the make/model. It's from the 1920's and the magazine is effed up (came that way from the individual I bought it from).

I've heard good things about the CZ's.
                            “Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

It's a toss-up between a Savage MK II, WITH OD stock and tacticool bolt knob, and my CZ452 that has a crazy ass long barrel, but it's dead-on accurate.

Comment

Working...
                              X