Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2018 U.S. Service Rifle Small Arms Firing School (SAFS)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Waldo189 View Post
    Registrations coming in daily. I only have 66 openings total for this course which is provided once a year. If you want to attend, get moving. CMP approved. One on one marksmanship training on the AR-15 A2 platform. [ATTACH]n301385[/ATTACH]
    Sunday morning Bump!

Comment

For anyone on the fence about this course... just take it! I took this course years ago when they offered it on M1 Garands. Great course. Fantastic instruction.

As you can tell by my handle this is where my "Garand-itis" started. I was hooked after my first ping.
      "No man's life, liberty or property are safe while the legislature is in session." -- New York State Surrogate Court Judge Gideon John Tucker, Final Accounting in the Estate of A.B._, 1, Tucker (N.Y. Surrogate Court) 247, 249 (1866)

Comment

Originally posted by Waldo189 View Post
        The 2018 SAFS will be held at the Peconic River Sportsman's Club on April 21 and 22. This will be our 28th year of providing this excellent course which serves as an introduction to High Power Rifle competition. This is a CMP approved course. All lead instructors are current or former members of the NYS Service Rifle Team. Many are nationally ranked and all are Distinguished Riflemen. You will receive one on one training and will be able to safely compete in High Power matches upon completion. All training is conducted on the AR-15A2 platform only with as issued iron sights. The reason for this is that this is a fundamental program and we all train on the same platform. We have National Match AR-15 A2 rifles for loan at no additional charge. CMP and NRA rules have changed and the A4 or M4 platform can be used for matches. You may also use up to a 4.5 power scope in competition. Should you decide to return and compete in the NRA league that we run, you may use the other configurations. I have attached the registration form for your use. This course is open to the first 66 entries only and is usually sells out early.
        Thanks,
        Ed
        Well, I copied my original post here again. It is 3 weeks until the course and I still have many openings. This program has sold out almost every time in the past 27 years. It is truly troubling that registrations slowed to a trickle IMMEDIATELY after the Florida shooting. In fact, we usually get around 15+ Juniors to take the course each year. Many attend with their Dads and some Moms. Unbelievable that we only have ONE JUNIOR under the age of 16 enrolled so far. Have we lost the battle with AR marksmanship training to the anti's? Have gun owners become brainwashed to despise the AR-15 platform? This is really bad.
        I wish all a Happy Easter and Happy Passover.
        My best, Ed

Comment

Last chance for one on one marksmanship training designed to get you started in High Power. CMP training certificate upon completion. I still have 10 openings. SAFS 2018 Reg.pdf

Comment

Took this class last year, the level of hands on training is second to none! I highly recommend it if you are looking to get into high power rifle or want to learn the art form of rifle shooting from iron sights. Top instructors come in from all around the state to help teach this class. I will be taking it again in the future. Don’t hesitate, just sign up!

Comment

Would love to do this as a one day Sunday program.

Comment

Once a year. Two packed days. Classroom instruction,safety, trigger control, sighting, sight adjustment , minutes of angle, match operations , scoring. Dry fire / position training / practice on AR-15 with .22 uppers (that's all on Saturday) then Sunday is a modified CMP match fired with AR-15's at 200 yards.We have about 30+ volunteer coaches that are High Power Competitors from leagues throughout the State. This course will enable to to enter and shoot in any High Power Match Nationwide. we could not possibly do this in one day!

Comment

Still have any open seats?

Comment

If so let me know where to email the application. - Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by LIRed1 View Post
                      If so let me know where to email the application. - Thanks!
                      Hello LIRed,
                      I received your PM and registration. I'll give you a call later.
                      Thanks

Comment

Thank you to all who participated in the 2018 SAFS. Outstanding weekend! I am very grateful to the 30+ volunteer High Power competitors from throughout NY State who once again worked very hard throughout the weekend training those who took the course.

Comment

Working...
                        X