Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2019 U.S. Service Rifle Small Arms Firing School (SAFS)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2019 U.S. Service Rifle Small Arms Firing School (SAFS)

2019 will mark the 30th year that the SAFS is being provided here on Long Island. The Peconic River Sportsman's Club is proud to have hosted this event throughout the years. This is a two day course designed to provide you with the basic knowledge required to safely compete in a High Power Rifle Match. This program will instruct you on firing from position, both slow and rapid fire with only sling support. We provide detailed blocks of instruction on safety, sight alignment / adjustment, trigger control, match operations and of course the fundamentals of marksmanship. This program is approved by the CMP and fulfills one of the requirements for purchasing firearms from the CMP. The instruction you receive will be exclusively on the AR-15 A2 service rifle using iron sights. We have National Match rifles for loan at no additional charge. Our lead instructors are all current or past members of the NYSRPA Service Rifle Team. Many are national ranked competitors as well as CMP Distinguished Riflemen. You will receive one on one instruction from volunteer High Power Competitors. Attendance in this course is limited to the first 66 entries. the dates for this year are April 26 and 27. Please refer to the attached pdf registration form for additional information. We hope you will attend. SAFS 2019 Reg.pdf

I cannot recommend this highly enough. I've never done this particular class (learned in another venue) but my Son took it, and raved about it. Thanks for doing this
    Take a young person shooting.... Take 2 or more if you can...

Comment

Very good, I took this in 2008 or 2009 I can’t remember. I’m going to try and take my son this year if I can.

Comment

I have a shooting coat for sale which is perfect for this course.

Comment

Registrations are coming in quickly. If you intend on taking the SAFS, please get your application out as this is only open to the first 66 participants. We only provide this once a year.
          Thanks,
          Ed

Comment

I'm in. Check and application went out yesterday.
            Lieutenant: You got a pistol permit?
            Nick Charles: No.
            Lieutenant: Ever heard of the Sullivan Act?
            Nora Charles: Oh, that's all right, we're married.
            -The Thin Man - 1934

Comment

Originally posted by Waldo189 View Post
              2019 will mark the 30th year that the SAFS is being provided here on Long Island. The Peconic River Sportsman's Club is proud to have hosted this event throughout the years. This is a two day course designed to provide you with the basic knowledge required to safely compete in a High Power Rifle Match. This program will instruct you on firing from position, both slow and rapid fire with only sling support. We provide detailed blocks of instruction on safety, sight alignment / adjustment, trigger control, match operations and of course the fundamentals of marksmanship. This program is approved by the CMP and fulfills one of the requirements for purchasing firearms from the CMP. The instruction you receive will be exclusively on the AR-15 A2 service rifle using iron sights. We have National Match rifles for loan at no additional charge. Our lead instructors are all current or past members of the NYSRPA Service Rifle Team. Many are national ranked competitors as well as CMP Distinguished Riflemen. You will receive one on one instruction from volunteer High Power Competitors. Attendance in this course is limited to the first 66 entries. the dates for this year are April 26 and 27. Please refer to the attached pdf registration form for additional information. We hope you will attend. [ATTACH]n406602[/ATTACH]
              Friday Night Bump! Thanks for looking and even better if you register! SAFS 2019 Reg.pdf

Comment

Working...
              X