Need rule clarification for USPSA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need rule clarification for USPSA

According to this rule on belts for USPSA , it says that women can wear their belt further down on the hip. So an inner belt is not necessary? It does not address if and how it should be secured to the body.

Rule seems pretty straight forward. Doesn't matter if you have an inner belt or not, and it doesn't matter how it's secured, as long as it's no lower than your hip.

As Mike often says, : "We ain't shootin' for the Buick." This is not an Area match, it's a local club match. If something is not giving you an advantage, it will rarely be an issue.
    Steve

Comment

This never came up with Mike. I was shooting the classifier at LIPSA and was told to secure my belt to my body. Either attach through belt loops or attach to an existing belt which I wasn't wearing.

Comment

Classifiers are a bit of a special case - everyone is being ranked nationally using the same pool of stage designs and rules for equipment placement, etc. It's important that these matches follow the rules closely, more so than the typical weekly matches. The rule is a bit vague in terms of what "securely fixed" means. The way I would interpret it as a CRO is that it would not be possible for the belt to shift during the course of fire, regardless of how aggressively the person moves through the course. I'll poke around the RO section of the USPSA website to see if there is any clarification.

Comment

Found the correct definition of securely fixed in the rule book glossary:

Securely Fixed (belt) ........The belt doesn't move when either the gun or a magazine is drawn from it without using both hands.

Comment

• Llaara
            Llaara commented
            Editing a comment
            It looks like as long as the belt is tight enough to not move when the gun is drawn, then it doesn't need to be secured to the body through belt loops, etc., when it's worn on the hips. Thanks for the responses.
        Working...
        X