Shotgun Steel Matches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shotgun Steel Matches

Just checked the 2020 LISPA schedule for shotgun matches and there’s only one - in November. Was really hoping to see 3 or 4 for the season. Anyone know if more will be added or if there are other clubs/ranges within a reasonable drive that host similar matches?

I noticed that too, along with no 22 or rifle matches. But there seems to be a Defensive pistol match every month. Hopefully the match schedule will change throughout the year, and add some more shotgun, rifle, and 22 matches.
    Evil beware, Postal Bob is here!
    Certified NROI RSO

Member Freeport R&R

Comment

We also could use a 3 gun or two. Even a 2 gun, but there should be some shotgun and rifle matches.
      Especially for those of us who suck at pistol.
      Give peace a chance, I'll cover you in case that doesn't work out.

LIBERALISM should be classified as a MENTAL DISORDER!

Comment

Originally posted by Sparks25 View Post
        We also could use a 3 gun or two. Even a 2 gun, but there should be some shotgun and rifle matches.
        Especially for those of us who suck at pistol.
        Ditto.

Comment

3 gun kinda sucks with 10 round mags, and most likely won't draw enough people from out of state to make it worth it.

Have you guys w/o pistol licenses or who just suck at pistol ever consider PCC?
          Steve

Comment

Originally posted by vmtcmt View Post
            3 gun kinda sucks with 10 round mags, and most likely won't draw enough people from out of state to make it worth it.

Have you guys w/o pistol licenses or who just suck at pistol ever consider PCC?
            I shot the Long Island steel shootout with my PCC. Love it. Always anxious using a pistol on steel somehow the steel jumps out of the way. May try pistol once I get a red dot on it to help my aging eyes.

Comment

It's typically like that, I usually only see like 1 shotgun match and 1 tac rifle match a year, and they usually fall on a weekend I have visitation with my daughter and can't make it. I would love if they had more pistol/rifle matches, I do a lot with my pistol in regards to range time, going to classes and hitting the competitions, but I prefer shooting rifles. I just don't prefer slow firing rifles at 50 yards, I want to work from behind cover, shoot multiple targets quickly and stuff.

Comment

This year there were 3. One in Feb or March, P-Man in July, and then the last shotgun match of the year toward the end of November. Definitely bummed to see only one on the calendar for next year.

Comment

+1 for carbine+pistol or just carbine, or PCC

Comment

Originally posted by Chief Brody View Post
                    Just checked the 2020 LISPA schedule for shotgun matches and there’s only one - in November. Was really hoping to see 3 or 4 for the season. Anyone know if more will be added or if there are other clubs/ranges within a reasonable drive that host similar matches?
                    The schedule is incomplete at the moment (and still subject to date changes)

OBCATS (Old Bridge NJ) used to have at least one a year, don't know if they still do.
                    Topton in PA used to have at least one as well, haven't checked in recent years.
                    Dear Buddha, please bring me a pony and a plastic rocket.

Comment

Thanks, CAS. I’ll keep an eye on it.

Comment

I will often think of some wrinkle for a stage, or a stage design and make a note in my phone. Last night as I was going to bed I looked to see what if anything I had. The second note say... "Ring toss. 5 barrels, 5 hooks hoops" I have no idea what the hell that means.

OH WAIT!!! See it worked! Typing it out, it came back to me what it meant. Damn that's a stupid idea for a stage.
                        Dear Buddha, please bring me a pony and a plastic rocket.

Comment

Working...
                        X