Pistol Caliber Carbines at Freeport matches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pistol Caliber Carbines at Freeport matches

Got an email From Mike, who runs the USPSA matches at Freeport R&R, and it seems like PCC's have been approved for future matches. Mike said a few details still have to be worked out, so don't expect this to happen until April's matches or so.

No other details, so I won't be able to help with any questions.
    Steve

Never done one before but always been interested. Are these beginner friendly? What's the best way to get started and involved with PCC matches?

Comment

Originally posted by Otingocni View Post
      Never done one before but always been interested. Are these beginner friendly? What's the best way to get started and involved with PCC matches?
      Substitute PCC for handgun, and you've about got it. There are some different handling procedures, because you can't quite holster a PCC.

https://www.longislandgunclub.com/fo...d-idpa-matches

https://www.longislandgunclub.com/fo...psc-idpa-match
      Steve

Comment

Awesome, I'd love a chance to run my PCC in a few matches.

Comment

I'm guessing this might be tied to the fact they're getting the new bullet trap system outside. Capable of handling all manner of rifle calibers. And eventually getting rid of the old style target turning system, and those giant 8x8 beams in front of them.
          Evil beware, Postal Bob is here!
          Certified NROI RSO

Member Freeport R&R

Comment

• Dan 0351
            Dan 0351
            Instructor/Collector
            Dan 0351 commented
            Editing a comment
            Yep, the pneumatic turning system was very susceptible to rifle fire. The rifle projectiles would go through the wood and metal shielding and the air lines would get cut. John L., Gary P. & Co. did a good job trying to keep it running when they needed it, but it was a losing battle.
        Working...
        X