BUG match at LIPSA question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BUG match at LIPSA question

At the upcoming BUG match on 5/29/16 is there a pre entry or sign up at the match? I plan to shoot 22LR & snub nose.
    stay alive, carry a 45

All matches at LIPSA use an online registration system (Practiscore). Registration opens the Monday prior to the match at 9:00 AM. The link to the registration page will be added to the LIPSA website prior to registration opening.

Comment

Thank you.
      stay alive, carry a 45

Comment

What exactly is Back Up Gun? Is that basically the firearm you keep in the night stand? Or the one you carry on you when you go to the range (for instance My Glock 19 is my home defense pistol of choice and my Glock 43 is my carry, but i don't shoot those often when I go to the range)

Comment

Originally posted by Vycor View Post
          What exactly is Back Up Gun? Is that basically the firearm you keep in the night stand? Or the one you carry on you when you go to the range (for instance My Glock 19 is my home defense pistol of choice and my Glock 43 is my carry, but i don't shoot those often when I go to the range)
          Match descriptions can be found on the LIPSA website:
          https://www.lipsa.us/event/

Here's the divisions for this match:

Sub Compact Auto – 3 ½” Barrel Max – 9MM & up
          Mini Auto – 3 ½ “ Barrel Max – .25 .32 380 Caliber
          Small Revolver – up to 2 1/4 “ Barrel - .32 Cal. & up
          Large Revolver – Up to 4” Barrel – 32 Cal. & up
          .22 Pistol - Any.22 pistol with a 4’’ or less barrel
          Other - Any center fire handgun that doesn’t fit in above

Comment

Thanks. I get it now. So my glock 43 would work. Not sure how well those mags would fit on my belt holsters but I'll have to see. I might do that one. I don't shoot the glock 43 that often so this would be a good time to shoot it.

Comment

I'll be running my glock 26.. Maybe I'll also run my desert eagle in the 'Other' class for shits and giggles.

Comment

I might do my Sig P320 in other

Comment

Another quick question... I read this

"Guns must be carried in a strong side belt or paddle concealment type holster (NO speed rigs, in the pants, cross draw, shoulder, etc.)"

Soo does this mean I have to use a concealed holster (like my IWB)... am I correct in that I can't use an OWB holster?

Comment

OWB, standard leather/kydex. Most likely need a cover garment(long shirt/jacket) to conceal pistol

Comment

Originally posted by Vycor View Post
                      Another quick question... I read this

"Guns must be carried in a strong side belt or paddle concealment type holster (NO speed rigs, in the pants, cross draw, shoulder, etc.)"

Soo does this mean I have to use a concealed holster (like my IWB)... am I correct in that I can't use an OWB holster?
                      The answer is in the section you quoted. LOL
                      NO IWB holsters (in the pants holsters or pocket holsters)
                      Stick with a pancake or owb holster.

Comment

If you don't have an out side the waist bolster the iwb can be used but it must be outside your pants and under your belt. This match is 15 round stages and no gun will have more than 5 rounds in any mag. All these different matches will show you the sickness of needing tons of gear and good gear at that.
                        All aboard the Trump train............................................. ....

Comment

Soo I'm confused now, really confused... It has to be a "concealment type holster" but can't be IWB? OWB hoslters are not conceal holsters though... sooooo yeahhhh i'm really confused on what I can use now...

Comment

How about this... What holsters do you got?

Comment

For my Glock 43... only IWB ones... but was planning to buy an International Holster by Comp-Tac... it's what I use for my Walther PPQ... it's an OWB belt mounted.. is this similar to the defense pistol rules where OWB holsters are fine but you need something to cover it... what about magazine, can those be visible or do they need to be covered (my thought was just cover the pistol on my right with a jacket/shirt while leaving left side, magazines, not covered)

Comment

Working...
                              X