LIPSA - June 26th 2016 - Band of Brothers Match

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LIPSA - June 26th 2016 - Band of Brothers Match

The theme of this match is to utilize the two most common firearms used in WWII by the U.S. Military. Specifically, the M1 Garand and the M1 Carbine. The M1 Garand will be scored as major caliber and the M1 Carbine will be scored as minor caliber using standard USPSA scoring. M1 Carbines will be restricted to 10 rounds in the magazine. All rifles may be shot using only iron sights.

1. Competitors should help pick up magazines & en bloc clips for their fellow shooters.
    2. Remember the M1 Thumb during reloads!
    3. Stage diagrams and descriptions should be up on the website prior to the match date. There will possibly be some changes in the stage diagrams once we actually setup the match, don’t be surprised. War is hell.
    4. The longest shot will be 100 yards.
    5. I recommend having a sling on your rifle although this is not mandatory, it’s just a safer means of carrying the firearm after you finish your course of fire.
    6. No armor piercing, incendiary or tracer ammo permitted.

Registration: https://practiscore.com/lipsa-june-2...match/register

Stages: https://www.lipsa.us/event/downloadstagedescription/25/

Wish I could make this one. Could have made it if it stayed in April.

Sadness.

Comment

I wish it would be possible to participate with ww2 non American rifles. Even without being on the score board I would try it with SKS

Comment

Can I shoot it with a Thompson?
        Know your rights/Refuse peacefully to consent to a search /Ask if you are free to go or are being detained/Even if you are not doing anything wrong the 4th Amendment protects you against unreasonable searches/Never say anything to law enforcement even if you think it will help you/If questioned you should clearly and unequivocally request that you would like to have an attorney present and defer any questions until then/Never go to prison because you are afraid to go to jail.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian View Post
          I wish it would be possible to participate with ww2 non American rifles. Even without being on the score board I would try it with SKS
          Get fucked commie?

Comment

• Russian
            Russian commented
            Editing a comment
            Just trying to class up this shitty joint.

In!

Comment

I'm in, sounds like a bunch of fun!!
            NRA Patron Life Member
            Caribou R&P Club Range Officer
            NRA RSO

Comment

I have an ammo question about this match. I'm shooting a Garand, and plan on using Greek surplus ball ammo. It's not AP, but attracts a magnet. Will this be OK??
              NRA Patron Life Member
              NRA RSO

Comment

Should be fine, only one stage has steel and it's 100 yds away. It won't be a problem worst case is someone will hook you up with enough rds for that one stage.

Comment

Thanks, I just spoke to George, and am going to cut one open to verify washed steel jacket and lead core. I thought better to ask than have or make a problem.
                  NRA Patron Life Member
                  NRA RSO

Comment

Great day with a great squad (#3) of guys, thanks for all pitching in to make the day go smooth. It made my job easy.

This is my rifle. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
                    My rifle is my best friend.
                    It is my life.
                    I must master it as I must master my life.
                    Without me, my rifle is useless.
                    Without my rifle, I am useless.
                    I must fire my rifle true.
                    I must shoot straighter than my enemy who is trying to kill me.
                    I must shoot him before he shoots me.
                    I will...
                    My rifle and I know that what counts in war is not the rounds we fire, the noise of our burst, nor the smoke we make.
                    We know that it is the hits that count. We will hit... My rifle is human, even as I, because it is my life.
                    Thus, I will learn it as a brother.
                    I will learn its weaknesses, its strength, its parts, its accessories, its sights and its barrel.
                    I will keep my rifle clean and ready, even as I am clean and ready.
                    We will become part of each other.
                    We will...
                    Before God, I swear this creed. My rifle and I are the defenders of my country.
                    We are the masters of our enemy.
                    We are the saviors of my life.
                    So be it, until victory is America's and there is no enemy, but peace! ​​​​​​
                    Last edited by Dchilde; 06-26-2016, 05:45 PM.

Comment

Scores are up.
                      https://practiscore.com/results/22146

Comment

Did MUCH better than I thought I would. Had a GREAT time at LIPSA, again!
                        NRA Patron Life Member
                        NRA RSO

Comment

Just found out about this forum - good thing I did, LIF had almost no discussion whatsoever about this match.
                          Anyway, this was my first non-shotgun match at LIPSA and it was a fantastic time as usual. My buddy Mike and I shot in Squad 1, with his Inland M1 carbine. Probably only had 50-60 rounds through the gun before yesterday and I managed 3rd place out of the carbines and 18th overall. I'll take it! Thanks a ton to everyone who put the match together.
                          Steve.

Comment

Hopefully I can make next year. Every year I have some function to go to. Damn!

Comment

Working...
                            X