uspsa match at freeport 5 stages this month

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

uspsa match at freeport 5 stages this month

At Freeport R/R uspsa match April 30 and May 1. Setup for this match is on April 30 at 1:30 . That means guys u come down and help setup u can shoot the match that day. Start time on May 1 8-am. Guys this is a five stage match so bring 150 rds. If u are going to shoot the match please email back with your full name what division your are shooting uspsa #( if u have ) class and power factor

Thanks for the info Mike and welcome to LIG.
    Ben

Comment

Thanks, Mike
      Steve

Comment

Thanks Mike
        Give peace a chance, I'll cover you in case that doesn't work out.

LIBERALISM should be classified as a MENTAL DISORDER!

Comment

Can total newbie come too? Ive never shoot any challenge, but would love to try. Any mentorship is appreciated. I didn't find you email but sent PM.
          Last edited by Russian; 04-26-2016, 01:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian View Post
            Can total newbie come too? Ive never shoot any challenge, but would love to try. Any mentorship is appreciated. I didn't find you email but sent PM.
            Freeport is a great place to shoot your first match. Let Mike know you have never shot a match or whoever you are squaded with know that you are new and they will work with you and show you the ropes. You will need an outside the waistband holster and I think you need at least 3 magazines but preferably more.
            Ben

Comment

I have a holster and 3 mags. I did send Mike PM here, hopefully he will respond soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian View Post
                Total newbs are always welcome. Every single one of us were total newbs at one point. Just show up at least a half hour before the scheduled start time, and let us know it is your first match, so we have a time to show you the ropes. You will be squadded with guys who will work with you. Keep in mind Freeport is a COLD RANGE as far as matches are concerned. If you are not a Freeport member, you must enter with the gun empty, and the mag out.

Being a USPSA match, the max rounds per stage is 32, so you will need a minimum of four 10 round mags, I've needed a fifth mag only a handful of times in five years of shooting, and it just would have been nice, but not required. IDPA style matches, which are the second weekend of the month at Freeport, max at 18 rounds per stage, and you can use three mags. Pre-ban mags are not allowed. Let us know what you're shooting, and if it's common enough, there's a good chance somebody will have mags to loan you. I always have two G17 mags and a mag pouch in my bag, even when I don't shoot a G17. You need to use a 9mm Luger or .38 Super and up in a semi auto, .38 and up in a revolver. No magnum calibers are allowed.

Eyes and ears are mandatory at all times, even to observe, even if "only for a minute".

I can go on, and will eventually make a sticky, but if you have any other questions and/or concerns, feel free to ask away. Even though LIG is only a couple of weeks old, we have a number of comp shooters already on board.

Being Mike only has one post, you might have better luck reaching him at his email: [email protected]
                Steve

Comment

I have eye and ear pro. Running SIG MK25/P226 9mm. Have holster and x2 mags pouch. Would need then +1 (+2) mags? Can I use a pocket for the extra mag? Thanks for your advise, I will send Mike email later.

Comment

A stage can be 32 rounds max. With 3 mags, you are only carrying 30 rounds. You can try to get another mag, or hopefully somebody may chime in having one to loan you. You can just accept the two misses off the bat, but it will kill your score.

I'll reach out to Mike, and see how many rounds per stage he has planned.

Using a pocket to hold mags is fine. It may just slow you down a bit, but being your first match speed should not be a major concern.
                    Steve

Comment

Mike got back to me. You can get away with three mags on all but one stage.
                      Steve

Comment

Question: is there a link to the competition day set up? Can I see stages and distances?

Comment

Freeport generally does not post stages. Shooting distances are typically be between 5 and 15 yards.

Comment

Thank you

Comment

Great match. Weather should hold out for the am. Get there early so you can start on time.
                              All aboard the Trump train............................................. ....

Comment

Working...
                              X